Laptopz.com / Lost Shipment

Purchased LCD screen with shipping insurance. My item was misdelivered and lost by USPS. ScreenAid refused to file an insurance claim or refund my money even though the local USPS office verified the item was lost. I'm assuming they never purchased insurance on my shipment as they refuse to provide the insurance information to me. I have tried working with them for over a month and they continue to tell me my item has been delivered...which is amazing since our local USPS office never recieved it. Note we are in a very large office building with it's own post office.

Mo

Comments

• Sh
      8th of Jul, 2009

I think you're going about this the wrong way. Laptopz.com is responsible for filing the claim for the lost package, not you. They should've either sent another one to you or refunded your money. Being in an office building, I assume you're a part of some kind of business. Being a business, I assume you used a business credit card for your purchase. In that case, you could always file a dispute with the card company.

• Mo
      31st of Jul, 2009

This was for a business purchase but I unfortunately had to put it on my personal credit card since it was an Ebay purchase. Laptopz did not insure the package (as verified by USPS) even though I purchased insurance and that is why they would not make a claim. I'm currently disputing with my credit card but USPS needs to provide documentation which I've been getting the run around on.

• De
      4th of Nov, 2009
    Laptopz.com - Wrong parts
    LAPTOPZ.COM

They sent the wrong part to me twice. Once for an lcd inverter that wasn't anyway near the same as the one i needed and once for a lcd screen that didn't have the correct mounting assemblies for the inverter or lcd to the frame. Their solution was to use tape to mount the stuff. They haven't processed the refund yet, and if they don't i will be submitting another complaint. Don't get burned by these idiots! Make sure you can get someone on the phone with whoever you order stuff from.

• Le
      13th of Jul, 2010

I am in the middle of fighting with them now. It was the first time I have ever ordered from them and I WILL NEVER!!! order from them again. I ordered a battery for a laptop they sent me a charger for the laptop. I had also paid for express shipping, well of course they are going to send me the part part standard 5 t0 10 day shipping! DO NOT USE, they can barely understand what you are asking and they have horrible customer service!!! The price is good, but there are plenty of other online store with way better customer service!!! PLEASE take my advice and do not use them!!

• Ri
      20th of Jul, 2010

LaptopZ does not honor their warranty - I had a new laptop battery that was great for a week then went dead. Not only did I have to pay shipping back (and the original shipping to me) but they wanted me to pay for shipping back to me for replacement of the defective one...thats after about 30 emails.

AVOID THIS SCAM COMPANY AT ALL COSTS - blatent ny asian ripoff!

• Ps
      11th of Oct, 2010

I had the same experience! I purchased a battery for my wife's Dell and it failed after about 4 months. I returned the unit per their request and it has been 2 months and NO replacement! They give me a standard response every time I request status on the return. They offered to send me a new battery for $6. I think they are trying to scam me. 6 bucks isn't a lot, but I think the principle is all wrong if I send them the money. I would stay away from these crooks.

• Ri
      8th of Nov, 2010
    Laptopz.com - No warranty
    Phone: (845) 704-2266

STAY AWAY! I bought a laptop battery in April of 2010. It went bad in a matter of days. They had me go through this ridiculous testing procedure before they would give me a RMA, but I did it and I sent the battery back and they said they had to "repair" my battery and send it back. I let them screw me around until it was too late to complain to ebay. they wanted me to pay an additional $15 to send me a new battery before mine was repaired. I refused. They now say (six and one half months later) that, yes, the battery is bad and want me to pay them $12 for shipping the "repaired" battery to me. They now will not answer emails. This is a scammer and thief. Buy elsewhere.

• Mo
      24th of Feb, 2011
    Laptopz.com - Avoid Laptopz.com like the plague
    laptopz.com

So, I ordered the correct replacement battery for my laptop and received it in a semi timely manner...problem?? YES! It was not the correct replacement, not even close. After many emails (which they apparently only answer 1 per night at about 3am) they FINALLY gave me a return authorization and said once they receive the battery, they will send the correct one. Mysteriously, they "never received" the battery back that I sent Priority Mail (insured). I smell BS here, I don't know all of the particulars but I think they are scam artists. I'm glad I decided to spend the extra money and send it that way instead of the "standard mail" way they insisted I send it. At least I have a chance of getting my money back. STAY AWAY! I have a gut feeling that I'm not the only one they have scammed this way.

• Tr
      24th of Feb, 2011

Through laptopZ.com I have had nothing but good luck.
    I did have an issue with 1 item (inverter) however they took care of the issue.
    I have been using them as a supplier for over a year and one issue is actually ok in my book.
    I guess every dog has its day, that sucks.

• Si
      16th of Apr, 2011
    Laptopz.com - They would not reimburse my return shipping costs
    laptopz.com

I ordered a charger specific for my make and model laptop. Of course, it did not fit.They had me take and send numerous pictures of my laptop, adapter and pins from my adapter and the one they sent. They said they did not carry one that would fit my laptop and had me return it. I did receive a refund but they would NOT reimburse my return shipping costs - said it was my responsibility to make sure the item was the correct one. When I pointed out that according to their listing this was the correct one, that they had sent me the wrong one, they replied they had no "extra"(?) money to give me for a refund and offered me a meager 5% discount on a future purchase. Seriously?!! This was a HUGE hassle, I wasted weeks of time over this nonsense and am still out the shipping and have no charger. GRrrrrr!

• Ka
      16th of Aug, 2011
    Laptopz.com - I think they are scam artists
    laptopz.com

So, I ordered the correct replacement battery for my laptop and received it in a semi timely manner…problem?? YES! It was not the correct replacement, not even close. After many emails (which they apparently only answer 1 per night at about 3am) they FINALLY gave me a return authorization and said once they receive the battery, they will send the correct one. Mysteriously, they “never received” the battery back that I sent Priority Mail (insured). I smell BS here, I don’t know all of the particulars but I think they are scam artists. I’m glad I decided to spend the extra money and send it that way instead of the “standard mail” way they insisted I send it. At least I have a chance of getting my money back. STAY AWAY! I have a gut feeling that I’m not the only one they have scammed this way.

20th of Mar, 2012
    Laptopz.com - What a joke this place is
    laptopz.com

If they get the part right that you ordered you might be ok. otherwise get ready for conflict. They tried to refund shipping only and told me to keep the power cord they sent that didnt fit my computer and I still had to pay for it. Then when I refused to keep the useless cord they wanted me to pay to ship it back plus send them more money to cover shipping on another cord that may not even fit. they could not crossover any part numbers or model numbers of my hp computer to get me the proper cord. What a joke this place is. Stay away.

• Th
      16th of Jul, 2012
    Laptopz.com - CC
    The Guy Down The Road
    Pace
    Florida

Ordered a power adapter for my Dell laptop... Product works fine... Problem is I used my business CC and had my identity stolen
    Had a .06 cent (test) charge then 8 charges of 75.00 ea.
    My bank & Visa is now investigating the web site and company!

Thanks for the A/C Adapter
    Now prepare to go to prison.