Laptop Battery Depot / Consumers beware - unreliable company

1 PO Box 54508Irvine, CA, United States Review updated:

I ordered a laptop battery on 4/12 with express delivery. Delivery date passed and item did not arrive as promised.

I emailed - got the surcharge for express delivery refunded and a new date for delivery.

Date passed again, no proactive communication from seller.

I emailed again got an email excuse about customs delay but that I should expect delivery on 5/3.

Guess what: that date passed again - again no proactive communication from seller.

Up to that point I had been somewhat patient but when I emailed to find out what happened and got a new response today blaming the whole delay on system errors I canceled the order and am currently waiting for my refund. Consumers beware - unreliable company, you can't trust their information.

Va

More Laptop Battery Depot Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Su
      7th of Jun, 2008

Thanks for the post, I almost bought from them today

30th of Jul, 2008

Warning! This company is bad news.
    Me and a coworker ordered both submitted a seperate order for two different batteries. He got his first and it was dead. He was able to get a new one after paying for more shipping and return shipping. The new one doesnt hold a charge as well as expected but is working. Although, the low battery light is always on and annoying him.
    When I recieved my battery it worked great for a few weeks, but then would charge past 50%. I recieved a return authorization from the website because I was within their 45 day guarantee. I sent in the battery and didnt hear from them. After a few weeks I sent them and email and they said that I should have recieved an email and that I was past my 45 day limit. I could get another battery if I paid for shipping again but since they are zero for three I'm not to satisfied with that. Also, why should I pay shipping again if they send me a bad battery. What happened to customer service? They were the cheapest I found with what seemed to be a good waranty but in this case cheaper is definitely not better. BTW, a brand new battery that only holds a charge for 45 minutes is considered good by them. Please learn from my mistake.

31st of Jul, 2008

I wish I had invested this company prior to ordering. I have a battery that holds a maximum charge of 59%. My computer (Dell) is giving me a A/C power adapter message that I have never had before and now I realize it is the battery problem. I am disappointed there is no way to make this company pull their false advertising. I have tried to contact them by phone for a week without a response. If I had tried their phone number prior to ordering I would have been suspicious because the same person is the voice mail in all areas and no one returns a call. My initial call was acting like I was wanting to order a battery - I thought I would be likely to get a return call. VERY UNREPUTABLE COMPANY! I wish there was a way to make this known for other potential customers.

31st of Jul, 2008

I have contacted the Better Business Bureau (909)825-7280 in Irvine, CA area and filled a formal complaint.

28th of Feb, 2009

I agree with the complaints noted about this company. I too am a victim of poor customer service from Laptop Battery Depot. I ordered a battery and it lasted 6 months. Then if you want to return it they expect you to pay for shipping the new battery to you and pay for shipping the old battery back to them. If the second battery fails within a two year period, you are out of luck. Cleary a company selling inferior products with uncaring customer service. Stay far away from LaptoptBatteryDepot!

2nd of Mar, 2009

I agree with complaints. I ordered and received a battery that lasted 6 months. It cost $20 to ship it back using 2 - 3 day business FedEx and they charged $9.95 to send a replacement, which they never sent. Stay away from this company!!!

• Qt
      29th of May, 2009

Thank you for your comments. Before buying from them I decided to see if there was any reviews about them.

• Ba
      17th of Jul, 2009

Yes, thank you to everyone. A Lenovo battery costs $100 more, but after reading these reviews, I will not be ordering from this company.

• La
      14th of Oct, 2009

This company is THE WORST Internet company I've even done business with. They are the kind of company that gives Internet commerce a bad name. Their customer service is extremely unprofessional. They agreed to send me a refund for a battery I bought from them which was very inadequate compared to the one it was purported to replace. However, I never received the full refund amount, and after awhile, just gave up trying because my voice mails were never responded to, and even when I was lucky enough to speak to an actual person, he never made good on his promises to take care of my issues. As mentioned before, this is THE WORST Internet business I've ever had the misfortune to get involved with.

• Qu
      2nd of Nov, 2009

I wish I had checked for complaints about Laptop Battery Depot. They shipped the two batteries on time. I installed the first one. It charged ok, did the discharge/cycle thing, but the HP laptop still says REPLACE BATTERY. It only holds a charge for about 1 hour. I tried contacting them, but just got their voice message, "press 1 for sales, 2 for ?, .., 3 for customer service. I tried all 3 extensions, it gets me to some automated phone message and back to the beginning. No good. I want to send it back & get my $$ back, but I don't have the "original box". Who saves the box?
    The second battery is for a Dell laptop and the battery doesn't even hold a charge. When I disconnect the AC plug, the computer dies immediately. So I am at witts end!!!
    I've tried to log a complaint or send an email, but there is no way to contact them. Their is a form you can fill out, but it does not have a SUBMIT button. So what gives??!!!
    I wish I had thought to check on this company prior to ordering. I read all the postings on THEIR website, but I didn't think to look at a neutral site...

• La
      14th of Jan, 2010

I also had the same problems as written by several users. Battery is now 4 months old and works for 8 minutes if I don't touch the computer, if I do it's half the time! My 4 YEARS old original battery works for 35 minutes. But now I finally figured out why some people receives batteries from them that works for an hour and some receives batteries that are completely dead. Almost all the batteries sold are OLD and used!!! Of course, I don't know why I didn't think about that earlier.

• Te
      22nd of Jan, 2010

Buyer Beware!! Their batteries are no good period. Yes, any NEW product might have a small percentage with defects but not the number from this company. Look at all the complaints both here and other web sites. Mine lasted 9 months with very very limited use (used my desktop most of the time). Believe me you will not save any money with them.

4th of Feb, 2010

I purchased a new battery for my Dell Laptop exactly one year ago. The battery now will only last 10 minutes. I contacted the company via email, they told me to fill out a form for a RMA Number...after reading the posts above, I am not going to waste my time and extra money...just write it off as a stupid mistake on my part, not to check out this company prior to my purchase.

• We
      19th of Apr, 2010

We are on our second battery (for our Dell laptop) from Laptop Battery Depot in a little more than a year. The first one lasted about 6 months before it would not hold a charge. We exchanged it and paid the difference to upgrade to the highest capacity available. The second one is now about 7 months old and is starting to deteriorate. It holds a charge for maybe 30 minutes, and no warning is given before the laptop just shuts down. Do not, under any circumstance, buy a battery from Laptop Battery Depot!

• Ca
      8th of Sep, 2010

I purchased a replacement battery for my Dell computer in March 2009. At first the battery worked great but within 9 months battery life started to drop. At month 11 I requested a replacement from Laptop Battery Depot. They replaced it in Feb 2010 with the $5 charge, no problem. Now (Aug 2010) it won't even turn on my laptop at all. Must have a short or something in the battery since I tried my original Dell battery and it still works just doesn't hold a charge for very long. Contacted Laptop Battery Depot again and they said sorry we can't give you a 3 replacement (policy) only a 35% discount on a new battery. I find this unacceptable and will find another company to do business with. Will not buy from them again.

• Fa
      13th of Nov, 2010

I bought a lap top battery from them it was the wrong battery and I had to pay a fee to return the wrong battery asking for the correct battery. They said i can not get a battery or money back because I did not give them a rma number and when i replied it said i could not send the message. I

• Al
      27th of Nov, 2010

I too am having problems with the battery I bought for my Toshiba. I read the instructions about draining it than filling it with juice. Since I have had this battery it will not charge over 75% and it says plugged in but not charging. I also have a flickering amber light that I never had before . After I had it at 75% I took the plug out it lasted almost an hour than laptop turned off! It is ptobably better to just to use the power cor than buy a faulty battery from them!
    CV

3rd of Dec, 2010

I ordered a battery in late October to replace my HP battery...the one that had actually been recalled because it was a fire hazard. The new one lasted one night in my computer, would not recharge. I communicated with them about what I might be doing wrong. They said to return it. I asked about the $5 restocking fee, didn't feel I should pay it since the battery appeared to be defective. They agreed, I would not be charged. I sent the battery back, at a cost of $12, following all their instructions, including all the communication. They received it November 3. It took me 3 phone calls and numerous emails to get my money refunded, almost five weeks. I'm not independently wealthy, can't buy a new battery until I get my refund. Got an email notice today about the refund...after yet another phone call...they deducted the restocking fee! I told them to keep it, followed precisely by what they could do with it. Don't bother with them.

• Ed
      3rd of Aug, 2012

I purchased a battery for my 17" Macbook Pro. While attaching it to the laptop, the back of it came off exposing the inside of the battery. It was easy to see it was very poorly assembled. I thought, screw it, i can put some super glue on it, not a huge deal. So I charged the battery. It took 2 FULL DAYS to charge it. When I was finished, I unplugged it from the A/C and it immediately shut down. This battery is totally and completely worthless. I sent them a message via their website and am waiting to hear their response.

• Ba
      15th of Jan, 2014

I ordered a battery for my HP Pavilion G7 series and was sent the wrong one. They insist I ordered and was sent the correct one. Looking at the original and the one I was sent, you can clearly see it is not the same. I explained this isn't correct I was told I had to pay for the return shipping AND will have to pay a restocking fee. "COULD" be as much as $20. I called the credit card company and they will stand behind me. I will get a full refund.