Laptop Advantage / Ripoff artists

1 7419 Mentor Avenue, Mentor, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: (440 ) 946-8785

Sent wrong laptop. Told me to ship back, insured. Told me to call them with a tracking # for my return & as soon as they had my tracking # they would send the correct laptop and I could call them for their tracking #. I called them with my tracking # and asked about being reimbursed for the shipping charges I had incurred. Was told shipping was not reimbursable. I told them it wasn't my fault they shipped me the wrong product and I expected to be reimbursed for the shipping to return it to them. I was told he would look into it & he would call me as soon as he had an answer. I called back two days later as I still hadn't heard from them. He tried telling me again that they couldn't reimburse for shipping charges AND the replacement laptop still hadn't been shipped. I got the phone # for his supervisor and called him. He was quite rude, told me they were sending me a computer bag instead of reimbursing me for shipping. I told him I didn't want a computer bag - I had one; I wanted to be reimbursed. He finally agreed and after putting me on hold said the check was in the box with the replacement laptop they were shipping me. Six days later I called them back to get a tracking # for the replacement laptop as I still hadn't received it. They couldn't find a tracking # and said they would call me back within a 1/2 hour. An hour and a half later I called him back; no answer (it was only 3:45 p.m. so still within their normal business hours). I then called the supervisor back and told him that if the unit hadn't shipped already & if I didn't have it by the next day, I would cancel my order and he could just send me the shipping reimbursement check. He told he was cancelling my order and sending me the reimbursement check because I'd been nothing but trouble - and hung up on me! I was never rude or did more than raise my voice - I remained very professional, which is more than I can say for them. An absolutely terrible company with horrid customer service.

More Laptop Advantage Complaints & Reviews

Comments

12th of Nov, 2011

BUYER BEWARE !!!
    This company says they will ship orders in 3 days. NOT TRUE!! I ordered a laptop on the 11th of OCT. The next day I was contacted by someone from the company to let me know it would take “a couple of days more as they had to order a motherboard”. They said they would call me if there was a problem. They never called me back. On 26th of OCT I called to check on it only to find that the order was canceled by the company. Vlad said it was canceled because they couldn’t get the part. No one contacted me to tell me this. They said they would refund my money to my Pay pal account. After two more days NO Refund was issued. I called again and Vlad rudely informed me I would have to wait until next week. I think they should be able to refund money the same day...that's the way they charged me. As of November 11th ( mind you now it’s almost 30days) I still haven’t received a refund. I’ve made a claim through papal to try and get my money back from this rather dubious company.
    Finally on Nov 12th PayPal issued a refund. I don’t think this company ever responded to PayPal as there was no response from laptop-advantage as to any actions on their part
    I feel this company really doesn't care about people or computers they deal with only the money.