Laptop Advantage / Bad product no refund

1 7419 Mentor Ave.Mentor, OH, United States Review updated:

Laptop Advantage is a useless company company. The laptop that we ordered wasnt the laptop that was sent to us. The lcd screen was burnt with an image. When we called back for a refund. They insist on an exchange only. This is after owning the computer for 1 day. Also if you do get a refund they are charging a 25 percent restocking fee and wont refund any shipping money. We dont want to exchange due to these people are not trust worthy. So to get a refund we have to spend 30.00 shipping and 62.00 restocking fee.

We have now paid 92.00 for a computer we are not keeping. The customer service/management are idiots. They keep repeating same company bull time and again. To ANY ONE BUYING A LAPTOP AVOID THESE IDIOTS LIKE THE PL.

Ro

More Laptop Advantage Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Rw
      13th of Jun, 2009

They were really professional with me when I bought 2 laptops from them. really nice unit's both for my grand kids.

• Rw
      13th of Jun, 2009

both of laptops I bought from laptop-advantage work great. thank you!!

21st of Nov, 2009

We have purchased 2 laptops from Laptop-Advantage. Both work great, this is a very happy customer.

21st of Nov, 2009

the best laptops we ever owned

21st of Nov, 2009

Laptop-Advantage is the best store I found on the web for cheap refurbished laptops, great staff and excellent prices.

• Qt
      8th of Dec, 2009

I also ordered a laptop for my granddaughter, AD stated 1 left in stock no where did it say it was refurbished, front page ad stated laptop advantage sell new and refurbished. The one I order ad read 1 in stock, details didn't declose refurbished, some did when I looked at the discription but I didn't order one that declosed that in discription. I thought I was buying a new laptop that was the last one. Order came 10 days later, paperwork, states refurbished. Had scratches and no sound. supposed to be wireless called my ISP tech support this labtop doesn't work even if you plug it into the modum. I made 3 calls to the company. no one speaks english. finally got the manager George who was very rude, wouldn't give me a refund out of stock. Wants to give me a dell. Told him if I wanted a Dell I would of ordered a dell. Told me I would have to pay for shipping and 25 percent stocking fee, plus 34.oo it cost to send it. comes to 162.00. I am now disputing this with my discover CC. Also sent them copy of my receipt and ad description. Nothing says refurbished. This company are crooks. He also wanted me to buy a one year warrenty. Which at this point would come to 400.00. Meanwhile best buy has the same laptop brand new for 300.00...Which is what I paid for the broken computer. This company is a rip off..

13th of Jan, 2010

super company, great products and very cheap price.

13th of Jan, 2010

Our company ordered about 45 lapotps from this company for our lab, all worked except for 1 that was damaged in shipping. Thank you www.laptop-advantage.com

• Je
      29th of Jan, 2010

Our Company has now purchased over 400 laptops from this company, we support a large telecenter with 18, 000 laptops here. Anyway, everything we bought so far is top notch just as advertised. Thank you laptop-advantage. Eugene is the best rep there.

• Ke
      6th of May, 2010

Looks like this company is trying to stack comments by posting(posing) as a customer. Pretty obvious that these posts are from the guys who run the shop. That pretty much tells me what they are about and I would tend to believe the negative comments are more realistic.

• Cl
      30th of Jun, 2010

I just bought a Dell D810. First time with Advantage. I got nervous when I called and spoke to a middle eastern gentlemen who was rude and I just bought from them. What will happen if I have a problem? I will let you know how it goes. today date .06/30/10 Cliff phone # 845-367-3141
    Now I will be the judge and you can call me also.
    NE Pa

27th of Oct, 2011

They say they will ship orders in 3 days. I ordered a laptop on the 11th of OCT and on the 26th of OCT I called to check on it and found that the order was canceled. No one contacted me to tell me this. They said they would refund my money to my Pay pal account. After two more days NO Refund was issued. I called again and they told me i would have to wait until next week. I think they should be able to refund money the same day...that's the way they charged me. I feel this company really doesn't care about the people they deal with only the money. I would tell anyone to find a different vendor to buy from!!

12th of Nov, 2011

BUYER BEWARE !!!
    This company says they will ship orders in 3 days. NOT TRUE!! I ordered a laptop on the 11th of OCT. The next day I was contacted by someone from the company to let me know it would take “a couple of days more as they had to order a motherboard”. They said they would call me if there was a problem. They never called me back. On 26th of OCT I called to check on it only to find that the order was canceled by the company. Vlad said it was canceled because they couldn’t get the part. No one contacted me to tell me this. They said they would refund my money to my Pay pal account. After two more days NO Refund was issued. I called again and Vlad rudely informed me I would have to wait until next week. I think they should be able to refund money the same day...that's the way they charged me. As of November 11th ( mind you now it’s almost 30days) I still haven’t received a refund. I’ve made a claim through papal to try and get my money back from this rather dubious company.
    Finally on Nov 12th PayPal issued a refund. I don’t think this company ever responded to PayPal as there was no response from laptop-advantage as to any actions on their part
    I feel this company really doesn't care about people or computers they deal with only the money.

• Ea

Olive Branch, MS 38654
    662-890-2563

Shipping Method: UPS GROUND

Bill To

Earl L Johnson I have not received this computer after six calls over the last two wks
    5070 Fairholme Drive
    Olive Branch, MS 38654
    662-890-2563

earljohnson28@sbcglobal.net

• Sw
      13th of Jan, 2012

This company is a joke. After many phone calls with no answer or a busy tone from the manager's number, I finally got through. The manager was very rude and hung up on me. I called back the next day only to have another very rude representative yell at me. The computer I got would not hold a charge so I sent it back ($20 to ship). They had it for over 2 weeks and over those 2 weeks I called several times to check the status of my computer. I finally got in touch with the same rude representative who told me it would ship the next day. I received it later that week only to find it still wouldn't hold a charge. I called to explain that the computer still was not working and shipped it back again ($20 to ship). I called several times to check the status with no luck getting in touch with anyone. I finally got through and was told it was going to be a few more weeks. They finally shipped the computer but shipped it to our old address and in the previous phone call I updated our address with him. Now the computer holds a charge but I am not able to get a connection to anything other than www.apple.com. When I called to speak to someone I was yelled at again and told to call my network provider or apple and they would help me. So, now I have a piece of crap computer that I have to ship back again and pay a restocking fee for in order to receive a refund. It will be worth it just to be done with these jokers! Learned something from this experience: a cheap laptop isn't necessarily a good deal. I will never buy a thing from Laptop Advantage again...BIG waste of time and money!

• Gw
      22nd of Jan, 2012

I bought my notebook from laptop advantage 3 years ago and did have a problem with the first one, so I sent it back and they sent me the one I am using to this day . They did me alright, I will say if I buy another one from them I will call in my order and ask the pertinent questions . They could be dropping prices as these units are probably bought cheap to resell and support for these products could be an issue . hp compaq nc 6000 windows xp cd works, sd slot reads, only 2 usb inlets, wifi card internal, so buyer beware, dont learn the hard way, get it right the first time. thanks Lap top Adv.