Landmark Forum / Awful place

Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
3.75

Please run away from anyone who invites you to a 3 day weekend to the FORUM. It is a brainwashing session and can ruin your life. The least that it would do in waste your time, and money. I know several people who have embraced this cult and they have no honesty, logic or sympathy for others. It is all about them. And if the people in their lives don't like it, so what! There is no accountability, the pressure is incredible in the sessions, you are trapped for 3 days 12 hours a day and told what to do. If you question anything you are publicly ridiculed and chastised. I know that many people go there in search of a way to solve serious problems in their lives. The answers are not there. Please run from this place. They are secretive, controlling and deceitful. Very rude.
Va

Comments

Ma
  27th of Oct, 2008
I totally disagree with this complaint. I have actually done the Landmark Forum course and my experience was nothing like the one that Sarah is describing. She doesn't appear to be speaking from any first hand experience anyway. While I definitely found the course to be challenging, (I had to deal with the jerk I have been in my marriage), I finally took responsibility for my role in my marriage getting to such a low point. That has made a huge difference. I love my wife and now she actually knows it now. That alone was unquestionably worth doing the course for me. In addition to myself, I saw people move past all manner of things that were stopping them, from failing in business to divorce and worse. The course is not about and doesn't promise to fix you. It is about taking responsibility and moving on with life. I recommend it.
Pr
  4th of Nov, 2008
i did the land mark forum and i regret it everyday. they took my money and did not sort any of my problems. this is a real ripoff. if you are invited, run away!!! they are brain washers
Al
  2nd of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
a friend of mine took the landmark forum course and it was like she was brainwashed ! she used to be a self centred self righteous ### and now she is actually quite nice and kind but i find that scary because that is not who she is !
Le
  28th of Feb, 2009
I attended the Landmark Forum and found it to be open dialogue and very challenging. It is not a cult!!! As far as Landmark sorting out a persons problems- the person has to do that given that he/she is open to learning new tools and then applying them. For some that is just too much - they are in a familiar comfort zone and really are not present to listening, let alone taking responsibility for their thought process. Landmark provides great tools for creating a great life!