Landmark Clearing / Fraud and cheating

I handle all my 88-year old mother's financial affairs. A typed check showed up on her statement this month (Oct 08) written to UPN Services for $399; signed by 'pre-authorized signature'. Cleared by 'Landmark Clearing'. When calling the toll free number to this place it was simply an answering service and the person told me there was no such company and that it was fraudulent. The bank said they would not cover the loss even though we had placed a 'suspicious activity alert' on the account a long while back. They also said that according to their records that other bank customers of this very same bank had also lost money to this company. The bank is United Missouri Bank located in Kansas City.

Va

Comments

• Mi
      6th of Jan, 2009
    Landmark Clearing - Unauthorized billing
    Landmark Clearing
    landmarkclearing.com

On 11/26/2017 LandMark Clearing withdrew without my consent two (2) checks numbered 1603 and 5714 for the total of $29.95 each. This is an unauthorized and illegal withdrawal as I have no connection with this company whatsoever. Nor are these check numbers anywhere near the check number sequence I am presently using. I have written to this company without any response and I have had my bank, Capital One, put together a DDA Statement Inquiry and notarize the document to let these thieves know that I am in refusal of this transaction. Also under 'Authority ID' all that was listed was 'AUTHORIZATION ON FILE'. My bank could not obtain any further data. If I don't get my money refunded I will, A) open a new checking account and, B) take this company to small claims court. Those see to be my only options at this time unless someone else out there has a better idea...?!

• Je
      19th of Aug, 2010

Landmark Clearing is a merchant processor. The preprinted check is a system called Check 21. Just as if you were to make a payment over the phone for your car payment, insurance, etc... a check is printed. A company uses Landmark Clearing for their processing. That merchant has to have your routing number, account number, current adddress, DL # and phone number.

Yes, it will have Landmark Clearing on there, but you need to look at the check and see who it says
    "Pay to the Order of:__________________________" Which clearly states, UPN Services. She obviously has some type of agreement for a payment arranged for this amount. You need to contact THAT company, not Landmark Clearing. After I did my google search, they are a Credit Protection Company. So she was solicited for a credit protection service of some sort.

Landmark Clearing didnt take the money. I work for the company. We dont take payments, we are a merchant provider. If you have a dispute with Walmart, do you go and start bashing the payment processor? No, you dispute it with Walmart.

So please refrain from giving Landmark Clearing a bad name. We did not authorize it. We have an A+ with the BBB. We only deal Business to Business. We dont deal with individual customers.

• Je
      26th of Oct, 2010

"Pay to the Order of:__________________________" Which clearly states a different company. You made some type of payment arranged for this amount. You need to contact THAT company, not Landmark Clearing.

Go talk to the company that the money was drafted from and sent to. Dont go complaining to the bank that make the draft. The company that has the Pay to the order of is the culprit.

Your bank must be an idiot if they couldnt tell the difference of a Pay to the Order of and Landmark Clearing being the bank that drafted the amount.

• Me
      26th of Apr, 2011

I agree with the statement made by Landmark rep. Theay are a payment processor for checks just like Bank of America processes Visa and Mastercard payments. If you use a credit card at Mids Nuffler and are not satisfied with their work you don't bash Bank of America do you ?? no, you would complain about Midas Muffler LOL - please read and study the situation before jumping on the complaint boards without knowing whom you are complaining about.

• Th
      27th of Apr, 2011

Belts are counted as jewelry. As a past employee I can tell you that we are told from corporate that all accessories are final sale.

• La
      9th of Nov, 2011
    Landmark Clearing - Unauthorized Charges
    Landmark Clearing and Donright LLC VOIP
    Colorado

These companies working together have been taking automatic payments out of my husbands account at least back to July 2017, maybe further. These automatic payments were and are unauthorized!!! We want all transactions refunded or a lawsuit brought against them!

• Na
      8th of Jan, 2013

I had a company using Landmarks merchant services, when they were sued I never received the Reserve Holding Landmark was taking from every transaction. Landmark owes us 50, 000.00 in reserve money and I dont know how to retain this? Why arent the companies that are owed their reserve getting it back? If the FTC is going to sue Landmark for customer disputes, why wouldnt they ensure that the companies also receive the money owed to them from the reserves that Land Mark held from us?

If anyone knows how I can go about getting my Reserve money back please email me at -- [protected]@me.com
    I will happily offer a reward for your assisted help..Thank you!