Land Star Trust Inc. / Fraudlent Check

Nathan B. Kirley
[protected]
2010 Seminole Highway
Madison, WI 53711

I called the number but the man who answered the phone did not understand english or at least claimed not to speak or understand it. In the package was a check #1472 from Land Star Trust Incorporated in Ft Lauderdale, FL worth $3, 267.01 since I was not expecting anything like this I called 411 to get the numbers of both the company and the bank for available funds. The company stated that they were a legitimate business and the bank stated funds were available for the check after I had provided them the information from the check. After depositing the check into my account the bank put it on hold for five days but made $100 immediately available. After five days the check returned fraudlent and the bank charged me $100 + $20 fee for withdrawing the funds.

This is the second check I have received the first one was cashier's check #6129648 for $2, 800 drawn on the First National Bank of Midland, 123 North Colorado, Midland, TX [protected] but a big 'red flag' came up because the date on the check was 01/08/1980 and I received it in around October of last year.