Lancashire Interior Home Designs / The design has not been provided.

I've applied online for a kitchen quote. Lancashire Interior Home Designs came round and gave me a very good quote. I've been told that it will cost £100 deposit to start the work. However, I have not been mentioned that this is a non-refundable "design" charge. The design has not been provided, only an unclear drawing on the peace of the paper.

Br
May 9, 2013

Comments

24th of May, 2013

I went online for a quotation got an excellent quotation, Which was unbeatable so i placed the order. To what i get told tht i dont have to pay anything else apart from a £100 deposit till i got my kitchen delivered. I was over the moon with tht any other company asked for upfront payment before i even got the kitchen.. Lancashire interior home designs is a very good company and i have a great high gloss cream kitchen with solid oak worktops and real wood end panels. LISTENING TO PEOPLE BRAGG ABOUT THINGS THT ARE damaged or missing is just people that cannot be bothered to do anything. Yes there may be a screw missing here or there but thts any kitchen company in any place...

• En
      9th of Jun, 2013

This company is not what they say. I bought a kitchen and nothing fitted together. They will not answer the phone to me and I am having to take them to court. Also going to let the nation know on tv

• En
      9th of Jun, 2013

This kitchen is rubbish

14th of Jun, 2013
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

I have the same problem!I always check everything, but not this time unfortunatelly. I paid in total £1628 for the flat packed 'kitchen'. It is all as described above: £100 'deposit' = design fee (on the piece of paper where the drawing, not a proper design plan was made it says 'DESIGN CHARGE'), paid cash (as no card payments were possible because customers tried to cheat the 'company' - this is what the 'designer' Paul A. claimed). When the first box was open the nightmare began! The picture above is showing the same RUBBISH 'quality' unit as mine! Work top is too short, 3 drawer and 4 drawer units are missing, damaged, chipped panels and DOORS!
    Let's gather all the cheated customers and take Lancashire Interior Home Designs to the court!

• Cw
      18th of Jun, 2013

My mother unfortunately purchased her kitchen from this company. The quality is rubbish, missing plinths, end panels, and doors, after ringing on several occasions to be put on hold after 20 mins and then cut off on 3 occasions just about says it all. This company are very unprofessional and need to be closed down. We cannot get the missing parts and now have a half finished kitchen. To make matters worst they owe her money.

20th of Jun, 2013

I have loads of problems with them; low quality chipped panels (covered with something white to hide the damage), the same with doors, wrong size drawer packs. Now, I just found out that the 4 drawer unit will not be delivered as the company does not supply FOUR drawer packs!!! The 'designer' confirmed the company does make them and it is shown on the 'design' plan and list!!!Also 3 drawer 600 unit was not sent, but 500 3 drawer pack!It goes under the 600 electric hob, so no other can be fitted in the 600 gap!

20th of Jun, 2013

Some more photographs ...

Some more examples:

• Ge
      20th of Jun, 2013

I agree with emerka, we all ought to take them to court and get them shut down. Customer services are rude, hang up on you and lie about delivery dates. We have a half finished kitchen that was supposed to take 3 days to install, 8 weeks later we still have a half finished kitchen, installers who won't answer the phone and promises from the kitchen company that never materialise. I have had to get in a local builder to complete some of the work otherwise we wouldn't be able to cook. This company are fraudsters who need to be brought to book as a matter of urgency!

Geff from Kent

• La
      26th of Jun, 2013

I definitely think this company needs to be taken to court. Send me a message (laurajaynemillar@yahoo.co.uk) if you're on board. Total crooks with no regard for their criminal actions, and i cant even speak about the losers in customer service without turning the air blue.

• Da
      9th of Jul, 2013

HI all I purchased a kitchen from them also only a couple of weeks ago, i have doors missing, draw runners but no bottoms, backs or fronts to them, hinges missing, part from taps missing, we should be moving into our new home in 18 days but at present we cant as i have no kitchen dont know what we will do other than rent somewhere to stay while we get this mess sorted !!

• Va
      10th of Jul, 2013

DO NOT BUY FROM ANY COMPANY WANTING A DESIGN FEE EVER YOU WILL BE SCAMMED HOW many Names does the ''xx'&@ wipe use ..alias names
    all based at Maple Mill, Cardwell Street, Oldham Manchester.
    1 kitchens uber
    17.' kitchenunits ' in scotland
    18. Affordable kitchens
    19 Interior home designs of rossendale

10th of Jul, 2013

I've been fighting these ### since 2011...been to court 6 times, their 'rep' showed up 3 of the six times, , , , , , , but on the day of the actual hearing guess what?...yep he never showed.I was awarded the decree (ccj) in England but still being ignored...these snakes have to be stopped.

22nd of Jul, 2013

Can't believe the ### are actually being allowed to advertise on this page!!! SHOCKING!!!

• Go
      23rd of Jul, 2013

Jasabonder is fooling no-one - obviously works for these scammers. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!! When Customer Services - same woman everytime I think, know that their legal obligation is to rectify faulty goods in 28 days, you know you are in trouble. They just take your money and then deliver broken panels, incorrect sizes and then cant tell you when they will be redelivered, We had missing units, poor fitting units and the same RUDE customer services - They must be shut down and I Recommend we all go to at least small claims court and Sue them as this is the only way. I WILL BE PUBLISHING THIS ON EVERY WEBSITE I CAN FIND!!!DO NOT USE LANCASHIRE INTERIORS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES !!!

• Ka
      25th of Jul, 2013

I had a rep come out to me just over a week ago. He gave him 100 pounds cash deposit. THIS WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE! he shsowed me no samples and was asssured that samples of the kitchen would be there within the week and if i wasnt happy withe them i wil recieve a full refund. i have been chasing this refund and spent endless hours writing emails and on the phone trying to chase my refund and nothing. Apparently there is one person in the WHOLE comapny to deal with cancellations and refunds and she works 3 days a week half 10 til half 3! and she doesnt answer the phone. the staff are rude and disrespectful and there are a fraudlent comapny. DO NOT USE THEM! i am looking into trading standards and legal action not only to get my money back but to show them for what they are!

28th of Jul, 2013

I had a kitchen delivered on 20th June - and it's been a nightmare! I paid the driver £3400 that day but still haven't got a complete kitchen over 5 weeks later, I'm still waiting for 2 larder doors. The whole kitchen is not good - EVERYONE BEWARE - DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY. As in all the previous complaints its difficult to get to speak to anyone and when you do they are rude and put the phone down. I am definitely going to contact trading standards - I imagine they have a thick file already and if this is the case why are these people allowed to continue to trade? I also think that they should be exposed on a television programme exposing scammers.if anyone wants to contact me please do at :- Patricia.crane@sky.com.

• Pi
      12th of Aug, 2013

Why have trading standards not acted a closed down these monsters. I've just made my official complaint and hope to get them shut down they measured wrong, they then delivered everything wrong. They sent a larder unit instead of a standard oven housing they sent a 400 wakl unit instead of 500 and a base unit that was 500 instead of a 600 and thats the stuff they actually delivered. The guy dumped them and drove off no checking the items and oh yeah half if its fallen apart and all the doors and worktop are scratched. Wish me luck not only getting compensation but hopefully getting them closed down. If we're lucky the owners will get the jail terms they deserve!

15th of Aug, 2013

Their tactic is to get sites ranking for keywords by spamming the crap out of forums, I see 10-20 posts each week through my alerts (Screwfix get hit hard). The worst part is that these sites rank really high for a while through the exact match domains. It's very frustrating and having to fill in numerous webspam reports to Google is painful as you can only write 300 characters!

A link here in case you need it. https://www.google.comwebmasters/to...portform?hl=en

Sites
    kitchensdirectuk.co.uk
    cheapkitchenunits1.co.uk

• Da
      15th of Aug, 2013

This company now has the dubious honour of being thee worst company I have ever dealt with. Their products are sub standard the customer service is shockong with not only unhelpful but down right rude. I would strongly advise that no one deals with this company ever.