Lamson College / Surgical Tech Program Is A Joke

Lamson College
I attended Lamson for 6 months of the Surgical Tech program and 3 months in I realized what a joke this school was. 2 of the 3 dummies were broken and the instrument trays were incomplete. My scrubs didn't even match. My instructor kept saying that everyting was a gray area. It is either sterile or non sterile! How does a gray area work? I wouldn't want them operating on me. I was so upset when i was told that there was a 9 month wait just to get to the extern site because they are so backed up. So that means 10 months of crappy schooling, plus another 9 month wait and then maybe I Could get an extern in the same city or I could be placed somewhere else in the state. They failed to mention that too. Amazing! I'm just hoping I can get reimbersed for my loans i had to take out.

A  13th of Apr, 2009 by
You are so right! All complaints about the surgical tech program are correct! I speak from experience. If you dropped out because of this crappy program, contact Delta Education, they oversee Lamson and now are aware of the complete sham this program is. They stepped in and offered to buy out surg tech students. THEY paid off my loan (almost $32, 000 when it was all said and done) AND gave me $5, 000 so I wouldn't sue them. Lamson is in some serious trouble over this and they are scrambling to head off lawsuits. You are not the only one who got screwed. I'm sorry it happened to you too.