Lambaian Pelangi Travel & Tours Sdn Bhd - Kuala Kedah, Malaysia / Travel Agency Collect The Money From Us & Didn't Paid to Hotel

1 Malaysia Review updated:

I want to complaint about this dishonest Travel Agency "Lambaian Pelangi Travel & Tours Sdn Bhd". On 28/04/09 we have bank in to this Travel Agency RM1000/= for reservation for 4 Rooms of Pulau Langkawi Aseania Resort for 2 night stay on 01/05/09 & 02/05/09. Per room they charge us is RM210/=, 4 Rooms for 2 night stay is RM1680/=.

On 01/05/09 when we 23 people together with children arrived Kuala Kedah, this travel agent informed me that Aseania Resort Room have full & request us change to another more expensive Hotel. We & friend felt very unhappy with it & said we already paid the deposit & that day informed me have room, how come last minute can be said different. We insist don't want to change to more expensive Hotel, due to they have fax us the voucher black & white, accommodation at Aseania Resort for 2 night.
We brought their agent togerther to Langkawi Aseania Resort, then this agent have contact their boss & finally they search another agency & have 4 room for us, this another agency collect RM800/= from us for 4 Rooms charges for check in 01/05/09 only, We paid RM680/= & ask this Lambaian Pelangi Agent to pay RM120/=, due to we already paid RM1000/= on 28/04/09. This Another agency said
on 02/05/09 the balance 4 rooms charges have to pay by Lambaian Pelangi Travel, due to they just help this travel company on 01/05/09 only. We felt very uncomfortable and request this Aseania Resort Reception to check either this Lambaian Pelangi Travel have book the room or not . This hotel staff later informed us that don't worry, they have long time deal with them on 02/05/09 they will contact them to paid. The Lambaian Pelangi Travel agent Nor Rizal also said if their company not paid, he will bare it, due to we insist that Lambaian Pelangi travel agent to pay 01/05/09 .

On 02/05/09 early morning we have went out, but unfortunately when we came back on 7.00pm, the hotel staff call us said that Lambaian company still didn't paid them RM800/=. Later we try to contact travel agent handphone but this Lambaian agent have off their handset all. After we contact this travel company boss he just said will be checked.

On 03/05/09, hotel staff not contact us, we think everything should be ok & went back to Kuala Kedah.
Suddenly my sister say she still have deposit with that hotel forgot to claim back, due to check in time she use credit card for pay the deposit RM200/= to hotel. Then she contact hotel, but hotel staff said they have charge her credit card RM800/= due to that Lambaian Pelangi Travel Company not done the payment. We also argue with this hotel staff how come can charge our credit card simply without our signature & before their staff also informed us don't worry with this travel company.

We felt very unhappy with this trip, we try to contact this Lambaian Pelangi Travel company agent, but all of them off their handset. We try to search help from other travel agency at Kuala Kedah, a few said this is not their mattle. Finally another helpful agency ask us to report to police. We have report to Kuala Kedah
police station & they ask us to repost to Alor Setar police station, that day we went back home after report also around 12.00am. midnight. How come can be happy with this trip?

On the way we go back, Kuala Kedah Police Station also ask us to report to Bertam Police Station on next day.

Today is 08/05/09, I everyday contact them a few time but until today they just pay me back RM270/= only. I just want them to return back RM800/= only, the extra they kept for their commission I don't mind.

Someone have suggest me go to consumer to report more faster, but I already report to 3 Police Station, also can't get help?

Due to this case I already onleave a few day, if I continue onleave I think my job will be gone also.

Ma

Comments

• Ph
      21st of Sep, 2009

This is Phuc Pham From Vietnam ( Vietnampathfinder Travel Company) and i want to complaint about the dispromised and cheated services from the Amar Travel Land Tours in Malaysia.

A few months ago, Mr Ishak from Amar travel land tours (website: www.amartravelandtours.com ) Came to our office in Hanoi to advertise for their services in Malaysia and after his visits, I decided to do our first booking with him and his company and thing was happened as you will see my email to his boss, Mr. Amardip Singh,

” Dear Mr. Amardip Singh,

I am writing you and want to tell you that I am so disappointed with your service,

We had booked 3 single rooms for our 3 VIP clients at the Fullerton Hotel in Singapore and also had made payment by wire transfer on Friday 28th Aug and today is Monday 31st Aug when our clients had checked directly to the hotel at contact person:

Christeen Woon

Tel : (65) 6877 8074
    Fax : (65) 6535 8088
    Email : reservations@fullertonhotel.com
    Website : www.fullertonhotel.com

But there is not any name or booking for our 3clients: Mr Serge Moulene, Mr Michel Oliveres and Mr Laurent Pravin,

I also called directly to the hotel this morning at 11.00 am and Ms Christeen Woon was reconfirmed to me that, no booking room for these 3people from Amar travel or from any travel agent in Singapore, ..”

You also can see some email that communicated between us and what I am worry now is I don’t have any further information about this company and their business since they have not pay refund of 1818 USD for us yet (i paid them on 28 Aug and until today 21 Sept, already 1 month but still not receive refund from them yet? or have not heard any reply from his boss yet),

We are also a full-licensed international tour operator and a member of Vietnam travel association: http://www.vietnampathfinder.com

I would wonder to know that, is your company also apply the bond for Travel Company who doing inbound tourism? and want to check if the Amar Travel Company is a legal company? Do they have bond yet? and i don't really know who can be able to provide me contact number or email of Malaysia tourism administration to resolve this problem

I would be very appreciated for any help and thanks very much in advance,

Phuc Pham (Mr)