Lakewood Post Office / False statement of delivering

1 Lakewood, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-275-8777

I got at my daughters house at 9:25 am today July 17, 2008. There were no PS Form 3849 at the door. Windows are open and I am inside the room above the entrance door. By 9:45 am I realize that I left a bag inside the car and I went to get it. To my surprise Form 3849 is press (chest high) between doors. The Postman never knock or press the door bell, assuming that no one is inside to receive the package, (two adults inside and two small children that gets over happy when they hear the bell ring) Meaning that the Postman/woman never rang the bell for us to come to the door and pick up the package. The situation is that my husband send frozen items and pay a large fee for it to be deliver today. The box has ice packs. and we as customers of a Federal Agency believe what they tell us; "it will be express deliver by tomorrow" and we pay the large amount they tell us. I call [protected] immediately and spoke with April which after hearing my complaint told me that the package will be deliver tomorrow and gave me the confirmation number COR10428670. I told her that I need to talk to her supervisor and after some time on hold she gave me the local telephone number [protected] to complaint. I call and it is a voice message where it send me back to 275-8777. I call again and John answer which I told him that I wanted the call monitored and I wanted to talk to his supervisor, again on hold and then Derell came into the line and said that he was the supervisor. I explained the situation that happen and that the box could not stay one night out from the refrigerator. That is the reason my husband put ice packs inside. Derell said that I was going to received the box tomorrow. I told him if the service that it was paid for was not delivered as they were supposed to could I get my money back and for them to stay with the spoil food and Derell told me that the office of Fajardo, Puerto Rico were the one that I had to go and make the complaint. This is ridiculous. I call my husband and got upset because he went and got us food that we like from Puerto Rico, go to the Post Office and paid for it to be here today and the only thing that the Postman/woman did was leave the Form 3849. If this is what happen to me I could imagine how many of us customer has to go through this. We pay for a deliver service and it seems that we have to pick up our packages because what they live in the houses are the form. Believe me is he/she (postman) rang the bell my granddaughters (toddlers) would have scream of joy because that is what they do when they hear the bell. From the porch (stairs) you could hear the tv on, the girls laughing and knew there were people inside, and my daughter that was in the kitchen would have hear the door bell because it is more near the front door. Shame on you if that is a hidden policy that you had establish and that us customers should know. I am sending this to the news because I am curious to see how many others are there like me.

Comments

• Be
      4th of May, 2018

We have an apartment community in Lakewood, Colorado

Bear Valley Village
    9803 W Girton Drive
    Lakewood, CO 80227

We have had a carrier change an unfortunately for us no one ever comes into our office to pick up out going mail. We believe this has been going on for approximately 2 months now and is getting really old. Last week no one picked it up for 6 days... we were closed on Sunday and again we have been sitting here with mail that has not been picked up.

Could you please speak with the carrier about this issue. We have a couple that have been here in the past that are here occasionally and they are not the problem. Problem seems to be with the new route carrier.

Residents here have been complaining about package delivery here as well. Seems like they are waiting days for packages - we don't get deliveries then all of a sudden someone will bring in a large amount of them.

I would appreciate your assistance in this matter as we should be seeing someone here each and every day.

Betsy Collison