Lakeside CollectionPoor Quality/Slow Shipping

I placed an order for a doll for my daughter for a Christmas Gift in September from the Lakeside Collection Catalog. I figured with three months to go, I should have no problem receiving it in time. Well, it took nearly three weeks for the doll to arrive and when it did it was defective. Her eyes are supposed to close when you lie her down and open when you pick her up. One eye didn't open and close properly. So I ordered another doll. The website said it was in stock. I waited a day or two and checked the status of my order online. It said the doll was backordered until November 27th. Now we are cutting it close for the holiday. I kept checking the status and finally it showed that it was shipped. I week went by and still no doll. So I clicked on the details of the shipped item and all they had done was notify the shipper that the item was ready to ship. That status stayed the same for nearly a week before it actually did ship. Sadly, when the second doll arrived, it too had the same problem with the same eye. I tried to call customer service for two days. The recording said they were open from 7am - 5pm. WRONG!!! I was trying the first morning until 8:30am and kept getting a recording saying that I was calling during a time when they were not open. I eventually did get through and explained my problem and asked that a new doll be sent as soon as possible as it was a Christmas Gift for my little girl. That was on December 10th. It is now the 18th and the doll still has not left their warehouse. I don't think my little girl is going to get that doll for Christmas after all. Very disappointing!!!

Di

Comments

Dec 18, 2008

As a representative of The Lakeside Collection I am sorry for the experience you outlined in your complaint. I would like to speak with you on this so if you could provide your account number to [protected]@ltdcommodities.com I will have someone contact you for a resolution to this concern.