Lake Point Apts / Stealing mail packages

1 United States

Not too long ago a package was delivered to my old apt by UPS. (Lake Point Apts “Off Ablemarle Rd.” Charlotte NC). I left a forwarding address and phone number prior to moving. The delivery person left the package at the main office and it was signed for by one of the office employees. The package was valued at over $100 & it was perishable. I was never contacted about this delivery. I found out about the package and called to Laurel Walk apts to inquire about it. The person who's signature was on the ups side claims that they never signed for it and didn’t know what I was talking about. So I tracked it and filed a report with the police. Them they admitted to signing for it. Here it gets pathetic. The office claimed that I wasn’t the primary lease holder, and are using this for the excuse for not making an effort in contacting me. “Regardless the fact that they had my phone number and new address”. Mind you that they keep all of the packages in their office away from inquisitive eyes. I believe that this is possibly an malicious indirect attack towards me, based on that I filed a complaint to the BBB about another incident about them. Either way they signed for the package and assumed responsibility for it.