Laflat / Do not buy from them

This company is one of the largest rip-off artists in the country. IF you are lucky to receive your furniture (and that’s a big IF) then you are one of the lucky ones. But if you do receive your stuff, then it would be a miracle if it’s the correct product, finish or material. The place is owned by some guy named Leo Stanik (who doesn’t speak more than 2 words of English) and run by some crook named Steven Sosin. To make it worse, these criminals are changing their corporate name so they don’t have to repay or deliver on their commitments. Did I forget to mention that they also go to these review sites and post their own positive reviews. I can assure you that not a single client would ever make the effort to post anything positive. Don’t believe me? Check out the 2 attached links to the BBB. Combined they have nearly 100 complaints.

More Laflat Complaints & Reviews

Plus Laflat - Furniture

A  4th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I 100 % agree that company is one of the largest rip-off artists in the country.
A  6th of Apr, 2009 by
Received the wrong furniture, terrible customer service.
N  6th of Apr, 2009 by
I received a different furniture set than what I had ordered. It was shipped 1 month from the time I had ordered it and was promised weekly it was going to be shipped out. The have never answered my email nor have they contacted me on how they are going to replace the furniture. Terrible company.
N  29th of Apr, 2009 by
They delivered the wrong furniture and the piece they delivered was damaged to top it all off. They promised to replace it in 2 weeks, but a couple of months and many unanswered messages later (they rarely pick up the phone), I called my credit card company, they are trying to get my money back, but it looks like they are well versed to handle disputes.

ADVICE: Check the item before the delivery people leave. If it is damaged or it is the wrong item, DO NOT SIGN the invoice or anything else. The delivery company is in bed with Laflat and if you sign even with a comment, it gives them a great advantage when it comes to disputes.

These guys are running their business under 2 names : "LaFlat Group" and "LaFlat, Inc.". You can find them under both names on the Better Business Bureau website, I suggest you take a look before you do business with them. They remind me very much of organized crime...
A  12th of May, 2009 by
This place is owned by the Ukraine mafia. They are not russians but Ukrainians.If you visit their New Jersey showroom you will see what I am talking about. First brand new luxury cars sitting outside. Inside Its a bounch of guys sitting around bulls**ting in a nasty and dirty warehouse.I bought furniture from these people and they delivered the wrong color. They promised to get me the right color which never happened. I cannot belive that they are still in business. Looks like thay have closed in New York and Philly their stores since I bought furniture from them. Stay away. In fact run away and find another place to get your furniture from.
A  29th of May, 2009 by
I purchased a bedroom set almost one year ago. They told me I would have it within 5 weeks, it was delivered 3 months later at 10pm at night. Draws not closing properly, light not working at all. I have asked them to send someone to take care of the problems. Ah, as said, its been almost a year and no contact. They are very good at making promises that they don't keep. Tehir level of customer service may very well be below ZERO. I would advise anyone wanting to purchase from them to think twice or to look elsewhere. Don't make the same mistake I did!
A  22nd of Jun, 2009 by
Completely agree, I had been a constant pest to these gusy Leo & Steve. I had order a king size bed and I did receive the right product but with a queen size foot board.
Constant emails and phone calls and the answers are: yes we will take care of it, we are sending you a check to get the problem fixed locally, and what not. RIP OFFS & RIP OFFS. Had no customer service skills, I am surprised they are still in business and they do not answer there phone. I have to call the sales line to complain. We had filed a complaint with BBB, but they were unable to get hold of these guys.

Is there a way maybe BBB can flag there domain name with a WARNING???That will be awesome...
A  2nd of Jul, 2009 by
CROOKS!!! These guys are the absolutely worst. Do not buy from them. I was threatened with bodily harm for asking for a invoice for a furniture they delivered over a month late. I am going to look for ways to shut these guys down. They are bunch of mafia guys who have no concept of customer service and are rude. Their customer service guy called me an ###. Can you believe these guys???? Maybe they are from another place where this type of behavior is tolerated but this is America and we all need to shut these guys down and send them to jail.
A  15th of Jul, 2009 by
My nightmare with Laflat began in March 2009. I bought a $2600 bedroom set and was promised delivery in April. April came around, no furniture. May, June, July... nothing! All the while I called them a million times and sent them a billion emails, none of which were answered. 2% of my phone calls were answered, and as soon as I asked for the status of my order, I was hung up on. I finally decided that all I could do was try to get my money back with the help of my credit card company. I called them up and right away the lady knew all about Laflat. They have this company on their list already. They had no problem crediting my account for the $2600. What a RELIEF! I wish I would have done that the first time they hung up on me. I hope that this review stops you from ever even thinking about doing business with this company. Please do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. All the best!
A  8th of Aug, 2009 by
I ordered living room set BO3919 for $2199 in late June 2009 with a 300$ shipping fee. I was told it takes 2 weeks to deliver. When the furniture did not arrive on time I called and they explained that they were having trouble getting it to Florida in two weeks and would I mind waiting a 3rd week. I agreed thinking that this place was being honest and that I should be patient. I also asked when I could get a tracking number and they told me they would call me back in 30 minutes with tracking info. They never called. I have called every week since on average of 3 phone calls a week. Each time I call I ask for a tracking number and each time they say they will call me in 20 to 30 minutes with the tracking info. Half the time they don't even answer the phone and their voice mailbox is full. Yet they have never called me one time. It is now the start of week 6. The last time i called Leo, instead of giving me the tracking number he gave me the cell phone to the driver of the truck who supposedly had my package. His name is Egor and when I called he told me he only ships to California and that Leo must of gave me the wrong truck driver's number. I called Leo back and told him I just want to cancel and he hung up on me. I called back and told him he needs to give me the conformation number for cancellation and of course, he told me he would call me back with it in 30 minutes. I called back after thirty minutes and no phone call from Leo which was around 3:40 pm Thursday. He told me it would be emailed to me in 2 hours.. They close at 5PM. Do the math... In 2 hours they would have been closed for 40 minutes. I have reported the two charges they made, each for $1000, to my bank.. The bank called them as well and they told the bank the same things they told me. The issue is that there is one charge from LA Furniture Group and one charge from LA Flat. Both for $1000. I was to have payed the rest on delivery. They admit to both charges but it certainly seems fishy that they have two different company names on the same transaction. Which actually make one transaction two separate transactions. I wish I would have known about this website 7 weeks ago. I would have saved a lot of time and stress. The latest news is that it will take up to 2 weeks to refund my money back to my account. So in the end I unwillingly became a loan shark without any interest applied . I gave them my 2 grand for six weeks. There should be a law in place for customers who are forced to be loan sharks which would implement a percentage of interest. A flat APR of 22% across the board on any and all transactions that aren't justified.. These people should be out of business. Period.
A  29th of Sep, 2009 by
I to have been robed by this web site now im trying to get a group of people including my self for joint lawsuit to return are money and to see that they cant do this to hard working people
reply to this post if interested together we can put a stop to this .
A  1st of Oct, 2009 by
The best advice I may give is to report to the BBB. The BBB of Trenton New Jersey has received many complaints regarding LaFlat Group including my own.
I believe that if we pull together and have complaints pour into the BBB they might be compelled to either suspend their operation while under investigation or simply shut them down forever.
Go to:

Good luck to you all!
A  7th of Nov, 2009 by
My problems with this company began in Feb. 2009. I ordered a $2600 bedroom set and paid for it all upfront. Big mistake on my part. It was promised to be delivered within one month. Sounded reasonable to me being that I live in Texas. One month went by. Not even a phone call. I decided to send them an email asking for an update on the shipment. There was no response to that email. Another month went by and I decided to give them a phone call. I talked to Leo and he said that there was a problem with the order but promised it would be on the truck the very next day and that it should arrive within 7-10 days. Ok no problem. April and May went by and still nothing. Then I started getting very upset with this company. I called telling them my problem and they told me to hold. I was hung up on. I could not believe that this was actually happening to me. During the months of June and July I sent several emails and made many phone calls to Laflat and all were either ignored or I was simply given some BS story. I was even hung up on again during one of my phone calls. Never in my life have I ever witnessed so much disrespect. My wife and I work hard for our money and for them to just take our $2600 without any care at all is downright criminal of them. I decided in July it was time to call my credit card company. I told them about the problem and they told me that they had Laflat on a special list for companies that scam their members. Needless to say my credit card company credited my account for the full amount within 2 business days. Amazing! I was a happy man of course, but that still doesn't excuse what Laflat did to my family and I. I seriously hope that these ### are put in their place. Do yourself a favor and please do not even think about purchasing from this company no matter how nice their furniture might look.
N  12th of Nov, 2009 by
beware of laflat group opening up new websites

http://www.modernfurniture-la.com & http://www.modernfurniture-nj.com
A  13th of Nov, 2009 by
Never back down,
I would be interested in listening to your proposal. Have you tried writing to the Attorney General?
I know the BBB has tried to contact many times to the point that they too had enough and gave them an F rating. I know that is little consolation to all of us that have witness dealing with ...well, let me leave it to your immagination.
The next step has been the Attorney General. I have written and called them and they said La Flat is under investigation. I'm hoping that more people will push the issue and send letters to speed up the process.
AIC has listed their info:
All complaints that go to these addresses will be handed to the Attorney General (or, at least, that is what I was told).
Hoping to hear from you
N  16th of Nov, 2009 by
ok i bought a couch from them about 2 and a half weeks ago..

now i stumbled across all this and i am scared now...

what should i do...
N  21st of Jan, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I don't know people i did buy and did get what i want. Great style and nowhere to be found like it.

My was special order and i waited a while for it ( 9weeks ) but i got what i wanted...
N  27th of Jan, 2010 by
got my sofa and very happy about it. this company is not a fraud. very happy with my brand new, modern style sofa that i could not find anywhere else.

delivery took a while but it was on special order and it took 9 weeks but in the end i got my sofa and happy with it

some good interesting quality modern sofas and wall units from Italy.
D  27th of Jan, 2010 by
Wow 2 people out of 13 with the same suspicious post are satisfied. 9 weeks is unacceptable when the company tells you 2 weeks and they won't answer my calls. Bottom line; I ordered furniture from the Laflat website saying it was made by the company I was interested in and it was a knock off, I was never told it was a knock off, it took over 2 months to receive it even though I was told everyday that it had been shipped out, had to go back to work because they couldn't deliver it on the day they promised so my father who had never seen the furniture signed for it, when I finally received the furniture it was a bad replica of the furniture they falsely advertised on their website, it was partially assembled and missing hardware needed to build it which was unacceptable since assembly was supposed to be done by the drivers, when I called the company and told them that this was neither the furniture nor the dimensions of what was advertised they said they would pick it up and never did. Now, my credit card company is battling them to get my money back.
A  22nd of Feb, 2010 by
i was thinking about purchasing a living room set from them. thank goodness i decided to do my homework. when i found out i had to make an appointment to go to their Boston showroom that looked suspicious. then i called several numbers listed on the site and i left a message for this guy name Leo. it all just seems akward to begin with. i hope he doesnt call me back. thanks for posinting your reviews and sorry for your nightmar..ish experiences.