Ladies Workout Express / contract cancellation

1 Westlake, OH, United States Review updated:

I am a 61-year old widow on a fixed income. In 2006, while I was living in my own apartment and still able to work, I joined the fitness club. In March of 2007, I had to leave my job due to health problems, the first of which resulted in knee surgery. I told the staff that I had to quit the club and they gave me a form for my doctor. The form was completed and I sent it back to them. Approx.one month later I returned to the club to let them know the fee is still being deducted from my checking acct. and that I am going back into University Hospital for surgery to remove an acoustic neuroma on my brain. That surgery left me unable to live alone, work, drive. My only living relative, an older brother drove me to his home in Naples, Florida to live with him & his wife. I attend therapy 3x a week; my Vestibular Disorder does not permit me to take part in any type of exercise class. I have been on a fixed income for over a year, written several times to the club and they STILL continue to deduct the monthly fee from my account. PLEASE HELP. I recently contacted my attorney in Ohio asking him for assistance. I cannot afford this additional expense. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME???

Comments

• Ni
      17th of Feb, 2009

I had a similar problem but got money back closed out my checking account and opened a new one.

• Li
      27th of Apr, 2009

I BELEIVE THAT IS A BUNCH OF BULL. HER MEMBERSHIP SHOULD BE STOPPED AT ONCE. I WORKED AT THE SHERIFFS DEPT AND WORKED IN CIVIL PROCESS AND HEAD THESE COMPLANTS ALOT. THAT IS A RIP OFF AND HER MONEY THAT WAS STILL BEING TAKEN SHOULD BE REFUNDED TO HER ASAP. WHAT WAS DONE TO HER IS A DISGRACE AND MAKES THE COMPANY LOOK BAD. THAT MAKES ME THINK TWICE ABOUT CONTINUING MY ACCOUNT AND I DO HAVE A LAWYER.

• Lo
      11th of Sep, 2009

Same thing is happening to me. The only difference is that the facility closed over a year ago. So I guess they think I go to work out in an empty building. The only workout I have had has been on the phone with them being re-routed and told all managers are busy.