Ladies Workout Express / Ignoring all problems

1 United States

I joined the workout express because it was close to my work. When I enrolled I was told that I would be able to cancel at any time because I lived so far away. At that time I also purchased personal training sessions. Because of my hectic work schedule I was unable to use the facility and decided to quit. When I spoke with the owner she told me that I would not be able to quit. I was confused because I had been told something different. I spoke with the woman who I enrolled with and she confirmed what she told me at signing up, but could not tell the owner because she would get fired. About after one month of fighting, the center decided to close it's doors. I was not surprised because the service was terrible. I then told them to stop charging me and I wanted my $240 refund for the personal training sessions. They said that my account was canceled, but could not get the refund because I should have worked it into my schedule. NOW, three months after the center closed I saw that I was still getting charged. I called the customer service line and they told me I could not get a refund for the last 3 months and there is no possible way that I can get the $240 back. This has been a terrible experience and I am glad that I will never have to deal with the company again. It only cost me about $1000 total and I have never used the facility.