Ladies Workout Express / Auto Debiting not stopped

United States Review updated:
I jointed Ladies Workout Express (LWE) in January 2005 on a two-year contract which I faithfully paid every month (auto debit from checking). I went on month to month after my contract expiration date of January 2007 and continued auto debit. In May, I asked my Bank to stop withdrawals and they said LWE would have to do it. I contacted them and they assured me they would handle it. A payment was taken out in May and again in June. When I saw this, I contacted ABC Financial (which is the billing company for LWE) and they informed me they needed a 30 day cancellation notice (hello! contract ended in January). I sent in a cancellation notice and just received a letter from them telling me I still owe $29.95 as a final payment and if its not paid, the account will remain active and I will incur charges and face these charges being sent to a collection agency. I plan to contact Channel 2 (FOX NEWS) and expose this scam of an organization.

A  15th of May, 2008 by
I am currently on hold with ABC financial, they are giving me the same run around. Is anyone considering a class action lawsuit?
A  3rd of Jul, 2008 by
Let me know. My wife is having the same problem. She didnt realize for the last three years that LWE was still taking out 29 bucks a month for a membership that ended 3 years ago. Now we are getting the run around and they refuse to refund the money. A bunch of crooks.
A  11th of Jul, 2008 by
I just got off of the phone with LWE/ABC Financial, much due to the help from my bank, Chase. First the number I was given to call ABC was bogus, so thankfully my banker got a correct number. I was looking at my contract which expired on 5/26/08 that said clearly the contract was for no more than 36 months, and this person at ABC said it was a perpetual contract. Oh no it is not! They continued to bill me after I had requested cancellation in May 2007 after my local center closed. Then I thought I could wait until it officially ended this past May.

I strongly encourage everyone with a complaint just like this to get together and file a class action lawsuit. ABC refused to refund any money.

We'll see.
N  21st of Jul, 2008 by
I live in NM and joined LWE last May, when I signed my contract it said I could cancel (ON the 12th month)
I didn't realize they were so specific and when I tried to cancel 3 days into June they would not let me, so now I have to go the full 36 months, I have tried to contact the franchise owner where I go and she wont return my calls. My friend who got me into LWE had medical problems and needs to quit too and they wont let her out of her contract either. These contracts are not at all consumer friendly and neither is the company. I will never recommend this company again and I will let everyone I know to read their contracts throughly.
A  28th of Apr, 2009 by
Isn't there a way to stop them, I just recently joined but was never told of the 3 year contract, in a million years I would not have joined if I knew that. I think what they are doing is illegal and there has to be a way to get out of this, and I will keep trying until I figure something out. They are the biggest scam artists I've ever come across and I do not like the way they do business and have read many others in the same situation as I am in. I just wrote BBB on them, and notice there are many many other complaints about them on there also.