Ladies Premier Fitness / Scam and rip off!

1 P.O. Box 497Layton, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-658-7727

I signed with Premier Fitness in Huber Heights, Ohio on 3-21-04. Due to back injuries I was forced to put a freeze on my membership on 8-11-04. I had went in on that date 8-11-04 to speak with the manager she is the one in which explained on how to place the freeze and how it works. I explained to her that I would have to undergo a number of back surgeries to correct my injuries. She explained that it would be ok that my membership would still be ok for the freeze puts a hold on my membership and the time I didn't get to use would be there once I got a release from my doctor.

Well I paid my membership off 3-21-07, I got a release to do light workouts from my doctor the 3rd week of Feb,08. I called National Fitness to remove my freeze and Brooklynn told me that it was canceled and I would have to re-sign. I explained what took place and she told me to give her a few days and she would get it took care of. After 3 dayts no phone call. I have an answering machine on my house phone and I gave her my cell. So, I called her. It was now Thursday Feb,28,08.

She was rude and told me that I was not gonna get the 31 months in which I had left of un-used time. I asked to speak with her manager and she told me that she was the only one I could go thru. We had words. She refused me my membership number as well. I waited until the next day and I called back hoping to speak with a Superviser but, the ladie that answered put me back with Brooklyn.

On March 6,08 I recieved a letter in the mail dated 2-29-08 stating thank you for your recent inquiry about my membership with Premier Fitness Huber. It said' we have new information regarding my inquiry '. It then said ' We have been unable to reach you, Please call [protected] to resolve this issue '. I called ASAP. I spoke with Dwayne. I went over all of this with him. I was on hold back n forth with him for over 1 hr. He was trying to get me a Supervisor. He also explained that I had within 1 year after my membership was paid to to undo my freeze. I told him I was within the year and still had over a month left and I asked why is that not part of the contract and why I was not notified of this new rule? He said ' he did not know and he said his-self he didn't understand why I wasn't getting honored my time I paid for and was unable to use. He then put me on hold again and came back and he said ' They were all very busy and one would return my call within 24 hrs. I thanked him and I made sure I told him he was very polite. I had already told him what I had went through with Brooklynn.

Well it's 24 hrs later still no call. It's time for me to call The Attorney's General's Office, The BBB in both are and my own Attorney.

Va

Comments

Th
  3rd of May, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I am a member at the kettering club and the ladies that work there are rude as heck. They are the only location that will not allow you take zumba classes with the rip off 30 day free passes. They kicked me out of the club for just asking questions. This is a horrible club I would not join there if I were you

Em
  15th of Jun, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes

Does anybody happen to know if National Fitness has a website? I need to contact them and I would rather do it via e-mail as opposed to snail-mail. I co-signed a three year contract with my little sister and unfortunately she cannot pay her bill. She is already three months behind and National Fitness is sending me letters in the mail.

My mother is irate and says that it is not legal to enter a legally binding contract with a minor unless you are her parent or guardian and sign for her. I really need to contact them before this ruins my good credit.

I, too, attend the gym in Huber.

Vi
  24th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Strongly agree with all the above complaints. I believe this company to be full of deceit. You are lied to so that you will sign a form and lock you into a commitment of 3 years and then you can't get out of it. Any reputable company would want you to be happy instead of warning everyone you know to stay away.

Am
  24th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes

I am in the same situation. They were rude to me and horrid in person and on the phone. They called my cell and my home phone calling me about a late fee. I called them back and spoke to them. Then I get a call form my Grandmother saying they had called her and my Grandpa harrasing them about my payment! They had called my emergency contact to shake htem down for money! This is the last straw with this company. I have too many grievences including overdrafting my account, and admitting to deleting voicemail WITHOUT listening to it first.

Un
  23rd of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

They told me they were giving me a great deal when I joined. My friend joined the next week and paid a cheaper price for a longer membership. I joined up with the 2 for 1 deal. At the time I was told they rarely offer it. I seriously have seen a 2 for 1 or 1/2 off sign every month since I signed my contract. FYI not all of the trainers are trained!

Am
  1st of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

The ladies there are VERY unprofessional. They were VERY rude to me as well. I had got manipulated into giving them my information (credit card, ss#) although I had told them I just wanted to give it a try and I was still a member at another gym. THEY STARTED CHARGING ME RIGHT AWAY! OMG! I feel like I'll never get any justice. And I got passed around to talking to the same person at the gym & nobody EVER returned my phone calls. I was promised a free summer membership...I got NOTHING.
The Kettering location claimed that there was NO NUMBER TO CORPORATE and gave me an 'off the wall' number to call that was not even realted to the gym whatsoever. They refused to help me. I dont' know how they can get away with selling memberships the way they do...I hope they get what they deserve. And I hope I can get my so called membership revoked! TERRIBLE customer service. HORRIBLE attitudes. Flat out ROBBERY!

Kb
  18th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I had a membership in Middletown this spring and in July we had to move to Louisiana due to my husband's work transferring us. I mailed all the needed paper work to national fitness per the contract, 30 days before the move. Well long story short I had to change my banking account to keep them for taking money out. I've mailed moving receipt, utility bills, and phone bills, papers showing our new address 3times total and faxed it to them twice. And they still say that they haven't ever rec'd anything! Even after they had the certified mail receipt numbers and the fax confirmations, They even told me I was lying when I told them I would not be able to send them anything else because at that time we had no power (it was two days after Gustuv hit us, we had no power for a week and them when Ike hit another week without power)) and no phone service. I am now changing my cell phone number to get them to stop calling and have retained a lawyer since they have decided to sue, by the way they took money out of my account 3 more times after I was told that my account was on hold until they found the paper work I had sent them. This was after the 2nd time I sent it to them. They refuse to refund me 4 mos of membership after I moved. And now want me to pay 3000.00 for their time and filing charges. Well that's not happening! BEWARE OF THEM! I had to deal with all this on top of very unprofessional, rude staff. And believe me I know how a gym should be run, I was an assistant manager of a gym in Albuquerque, for 4yrs, and during that time did fitness competition. I've never seen a gym run like this.

Em
  17th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I had the EXACT same experience as the complaint below me. Dove, I think her name is, is INCREDIBLY rude and unprofessional and practically ran my friend and I out of the club after we took a zumba class with the 30 day pass we "won in a contest". She wouldn't even let us walk around the gym on our own-she followed us around everywhere we went and pressured us to sign up for a membership even after treating us like crap. I'm not sure what kind of idiot presses the issue of membership after being so rude...but I'm definitely not about to join that trashy gym.

Ci
  27th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

My name is Cindy and i work for premier ladies fitness.I think we have a very nice club.I f you would like please stop in Huber Height sometime.Let us show you a enjoyable work-out.

Pr
  11th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I belonged to the Middletown, Ohio club. After being a member for over 6 months, I got a job about 150 miles away and had to move. I contacted Premier and explained the situation. They said to send them copies of my utility bill and any other forms of proof of change of address. I did this numerous times. Each time, they said it wasn't enough proof and needed more! They wouldn't accept the fact that I moved! I had to close my bank account and open one at a different bank to get them to stop taking money out of my account monthly! Now, since they can't take my money out, they are sending me nasty letters, through the postal service telling me I owe them late fees and will take me to collections! Isn't it funny that they send these messages to my NEW address, knowing that is where they can reach me, but won't accept the fact that I moved to this address in order to cancel my membership?! These people are scam artists. It's a shame too, because the gym itself is very nice, and I did enjoy going there. But this National Fitness company is something all together different! They are rude...ignorant...and out and out liars! I too am filing a complaint with the Attorney General and the BBB. I will get an attorney and fight them in court, if necessary. Beware of this group!

Pr
  20th of Jun, 2009

WOW!! I was researching fitness clubs to join and decided to check out Premier Lady Fitness (I have a co-worker who swears by them). After reading all of these postings I'm so glad I did before I wasted so much of my time and money. Thank you, ladies for all your helpful information. I will definetly steer clear of THIS place.

Ka
  23rd of Jun, 2009

I have had a membership with Lady Fitness in Utah for 6 years and have been happy with the facilities, until I need a little customer service, and now I am not worth their time.
I am currently having trouble with Lady Fitness. My husband is out of work and paying for a gym membership is a luxury we can't afford. I knew I couldn't cancel my membership, but I figured any good company would have ways to help members in special circumstances. I wanted to take advantage of the 3 month membership freeze. When I called the 1-800 number, it took 2 days to get anyone to answer the phone. When I finally got someone, I found out that during the 3 month freeze I am still required to pay the membership fee! The 3 months are given to me free at the end of my membership contract time. What is the point of a 3 month freeze where you can't use the gym, but still have to pay? After reading the other posts, I see others have had problems with even getting those free months. The girl at National Fitness 1-800 number (the owners of Lady Fitness) said there wasn't anything I could do to cancel or defer my membership payment. This seems ridiculous to me. Other gyms, cell phone companies, and other service oriented businesses offer early-out penalty clauses. There should be a way to get out of the membership in special circumstances.
I was also roped into a 3 year contract, with the only way to pay being automatic bank account debit. It would appear from other posts that they will do anything to continue to get that payment from me, even if I stop payment.

I thought I could fight the membership policies and came online today to see if others have faced the same problems. The situations others have faced with this company discourage me and wonder why this business isn't regulated. I will definitely make my voice known and discourage anyone I can from joining this gym!

Sh
  4th of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

just moved to the dayton area and looking for a gym. clearly, NOT this one anymore! thanks for the warning!

Yo
  29th of Dec, 2009

I was given the "Free 30 Days" deal...yeah right! Brenda in Huber Heights suckered my mom and I to sign a combined contract of $16/mo/person for 3 years...transferable, freezable, and get this...cancelable with no fees! Yeah right. This "National Fitness", I agree with others, is a scam. They told me there's an 85% buyout on the agreement to cancel! The contract does not state this AT ALL. I'm still trying to get corporate and the manager of the Huber Heights club to call me back! I filed a complaint with the Dayton BBB. Whatever you do... DO NOT sign up with this place no matter how "nice" their facilities are...and DO NOT listen to a word they tell you in order to get you sucked in.

Sh
  9th of Jan, 2010

I had the same problem with Moore's. I signed up with the one on Miller Lane. When I signed up I specifically asked about them being open 24hrs. I needed that option because of my work schedule. I wanted to know If they had any plans of stopping that feature. They assured me they didnt. Well less than a month later they were no longer open 24 hrs. About 2 months after joining I had major surgery & suffered a extremely rare side effect. I was left unable to feel anything from the waist down & was left in a wheelchair. The only thing in the gym I could use was the pool, but there was no way I could get in or out of it..Since nothing in the gym was handicapped accessible I had to cancel. I went round & round with them.I provided doctor notes, hospital records, specialists notes.All saying I would never walk again & would always be in a wheel chair. They said that the doctors may be wrong & because of that they would not cancel my membership. They continued to withdraw money. I contacted my bank, Wright-Patt CU, once I told them the story they were pissed off. They put a hold on my account & would not let Moore's anywhere near it. They threatened to sue.I told them go ahead & then I would sue them for violating the American's With Disabilty Act since their place was not accessible to handicap people. They then shut up & refunded my money. It took over 4 months of arguing but finally got away them. Gee, I wonder why they are no longer in business?!?!

Tu
  28th of Jan, 2010

Premier Lady Fitness in Tupelo, MS. This is the worst gym I have ever been to in my life. This is my first and last gym I will ever go to. And the last time we chatted they informed me it would not of mattered even if i had followed this hidden rule of informing them within 30 days prior to cancellation that when signing up for one year it is a mandoratory two years. so Even when you sign up for a year you are really signing up for a two year contract but they fail to tell you that when you sign the contract and they make you pay for it. i tried to make it clear when i signed i was only agreeing to a year and would not of noticed they were still pulling out if my bank account except for the fact it made me bounce a couple times so i looked into why.they will not let you out of it. I would NOT recommend this gym to my dog or anyone else for that matter. They give you the wrong address to send the checks when you try to make your payment so they can charge you a late charge and then they send the check back to you. I signed up for a year and they screwed me into a two year contract which is not what I signed up for.

Mi
  1st of Mar, 2010

I also went to the Premier Ladies fitness in Kettering. I had a 30 day free pass, and was told in that 30 days if i liked the place then i would b charged and the contract date would start. However after two weeks i decided i didnt want anythng to do w the place and i hadnt even been there to workout. when i went in to cancel the lady who signed me up for my NO CONTRACT signed my little piece of paper w her name and a cancel date. Not even a week later they took out a payment and then another week after that another payment came out. So i called and was treated like crap saying i had only 3 days to cancel and well there was no start date on the paper i had so 3days from when is my question???. They said i need to call the 1800 number so i did and its been two weeks and they say they still need to investigate it. And my bank says all i can do is dispute the charges. TOTAL RIP OFF.. so i guess they will drag this out so they can keep charging me whenever they want. i have reported this to BBB not sure that will help me much w getting my money back tho.

Ks
  15th of Mar, 2010

I 2 am a member of Premier in Huber Heights, but lately I have seen it go completely downhill, you start to take a nice warm shower, then they turn ice cold, then you have to jump out of that one and make sure another one is turned on at the same time to get a warm shower, that will last for about 5 minutes then turn cold again. Just like they promised to put new lockers in, and we still have not seen any of this problem corrected.

I am treated very good by all the people in this gym, but when you complain, it goes on deaf ears, and the showers have been a problem for almost a year now. I wonder if anything is ever going to get done on this.

Di
  23rd of Mar, 2010

OMG I was considering going to Premier in kettering, Ohio, but forget it!! I hate companies that are built on robbing ppl blind, i would have wanted to burn the place down...thanks!!

El
  24th of Mar, 2010

I'm doing a 30 day free trial now (using Middletown & Centerville locations) and LOVE the Zumba classes and others I've tried. But after reading all this, I'm reluctant to go back, let alone join.

I intended to pay up front w/ check/cash (to get the best price available and NOT give them CC info.) But even at that, I don't like what I'm reading.

Is there anything positive about this place?