Ladera Ranch cosmetic dentist Soheyla Marzvaan / Unprofessional dentist

Ladera Ranch Cosmetic Dentist
600 Corporate Drive ~ Suite #220
Ladera Ranch
Phone: 949-485-6915
Unprofessional dentist! Dr Soheyla Marzvaan, Ladera Ranch Cosmetic Dentist.
I got a quote for over 8000 dollars for replacing old fillings; she said I needed 4 root canals and 4 crowns. They bleached my teeth with zoom offered free for new patients and damaged the enamel of my teeth. She never accepted her responsibility. They also make you sign an unfair contract about cancelled appointments. I visited a new dentist because of the whitening problem and he said I do not need any root canal or crowns.

A  28th of Jun, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also had a very unpleasant and unprofessional experience with them. The entire team is a fraud.
I do not recommend them at all.
A  29th of Jul, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have been looking for a place to tell my story, and this will only be my first. I'm am a recent college grad trying to make my way into journalism. I love gotcha and watch dog journalism, and I want this to be my first story.

I had actually been quoted, what I thought was an insane amount of money, for some dental work at another Ladera Ranch dentist a year ago. I suddenly had seven cavities. I only had one other cavity. I was going back to school and thought I would deal with the work in San Diego. My parents both thought I needed a 2nd opinion, and we knew a dentist down there. I never made it to the dentist, and decided I would deal with things when I got back home to Orange County.

Since we don't have dental insurance, I often find deals on cleanings in the penny saver. Like these dentists I also have student loans to pay off, and don't always have $1o0 for a teeth cleaning. I knew they would find some cavities and was prepared.

The dentist prior to Dr. Marzvaan said that my work would cost $750. At Dr Marzvaans, I was quoted for over 3, 000 dollars in fillings. They offered me their in-house insurance for $99 to bring my dental work total down to about $17, 500. I had a consultation with the woman who deals with the payment portion of ones visit, in which I practically started crying. Sadly, she probably has no idea what she is a part of. I tried to sort out a payment plan, but when they wouldn't let me I said that I would talk with my dad and get back to them.

Thank God my mom told me to go to a trusted dentist whom she used to be a patient of, Dr. Kumamoto at Dentistry on the Lake (Lake Mission Viejo that is). I went in and asked her if she would look at my x-rays and tell me if I needed this work. I didn't even have to show her my x-rays for her to know something was up. I call Dr. Marzvaan's office and asked to have my x-rays sent and they said they would. A week later, when the x-rays still weren't sent, I called back and they said they would send them. I the asked if the receptionist needed the email address again. She then said, "oh... yeah." She then told me to hang on and then came back to tell me that I couldn't have my x-rays because I didn't pay full price for them.

I told her I was never coming back and would have another dentist whom I trusted to do my dental work. Lo and behold, I made an appointment at Dentistry on the Lake for new x-rays. These x-rays showed there was nothing that needed to be filled. There were no possible root canals, and the coloring on the pictures Dr. Marzvaan took of my teeth, to show me where I had decay, was actually just normal stains according to Dr. Kumamoto.

Let's just say that I can't believe I almost had my teeth almost drilled, filled, and root canaled for nothing. This story makes me sick just thinking about it. My goal next to get this to a news paper or something more public.
N  1st of Sep, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I just wanted to say that I've been in the dental field for over 13 years and have never heard of any type of whitening damaging a persons enamel. The whitening used in dental offices has either hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. Those do not damage teeth though they do cause sensitivity. This is not considered damaging the emamel, but rather a normal side effect of whitening.

Many offices have had to implement a "cancellation policy" due to the number of inconsiderate patients who make appointments and then decide at the last minute that they have better things to do. This costs an office money because they still pay their staff and utilities even though they themselves aren't getting paid. These inconsiderate patients are the ones who are to blame for these cancellation policies needing to be put in place.
D  24th of Mar, 2011 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
As another educated person has mentioned, the only side effect of whitening is transient sensitivity, and all dental offices ask you to sign a informed consent . The problem lies on on one factor. It is always easier to blame some one else for our problems. I asked Dr. MArzvaan to read over it all, and she gracefuly said when the comments are about money rather than expertiese, one really should not bother to take time for a response. She said those few patients who complaine either owe money to the office, or have been misinformed by another dentist who just wants to get their business.
Decay starts 1-2 years before 90 percent of dentist call them out. Older dentist always say " let's keep an eye on it"., "it is not big enough to do yet", ...Well if I had a tumor, I would not wait and watch it. This is why opinions can very so much. A dentist such as Dr. Marzvaan catches the decay when it first starts, when no nubming is necessary and insurance and patients pay minimal . She actually would make more money if she waited, but she keeps the interest of the patient ahead of her pocket. She is independantly wealthy, she is a dentist becuase she wants to, no kids in colledge and no one to support, unlike these guy dentists who have 3 x wives and 6 kids. If you wait dental problems just gets bigger and more expensive. But, i guess it is always more pleasant to be told " no cavities" than to say "you have 7 potential decays" . I also hear DR. M giving patients options all the time, she tells them it is their choice, never forces hthem to do anything, she doesnot need to.
I have worked in dental offices myself and I know how different appraches can be, I have seen Dr. Marzvaan perform miraculous reconstructive work, get people out of months of headaches with just an injection, and lots more that other dentist can not do. I for one, love myself and will not skimp on my teeth and will go to the best. Furthermore, dentsits or doctors on general cannot charge all they want anyways, because insurance companies have provider fees, and they have to obide by them !
So please people quit complaining and take responsibility for your actions, like going to Mexico ruining your teeth and then blaming whitening for your enamel being gone, or not showing up, and complain about cancellation policy, or not wanting to be proactive and " wait till it hurts" attitude, and then whe you need root canal " say I hate the dentist", instead of saying I hate the fact that I ignored my teeth, and was cheap enough not to fix it when it was only a small " stain" !...Sorry for being so blunt, but everything has two sides to it.
" most experienced, and self reliable office manager in town !
N  30th of Sep, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
You gays can say that it is not a known side effect but the fact is that as soon as I was able to touch my teeth with my tongue after the whitening procedure, I realized the enamel was gone. I felt a rough finishing when touching the treated teeth with my tongue. I am still suffering the consequences. I have no doubt that it was caused by the procedure.
N  2nd of Oct, 2011 by
Just google Zoom complaints or zoom problems and you will find out for yourself!
A  26th of Feb, 2013 by
As another patient who has suffered from her negligence, I agree with jyh and have documented proofs. Please get a second opinion before you go to her.