Laceflair/upacliprefuses agreed upon refund

1 Review updated:

I ordered a ponytail hair peice that attaches to my hair. I was charged extra to match my hair color. I submitted a sample of my hair for the match up. Upon reciept it did not come close in color. the hair was brown, mine is blonde. At first they refused to take a return (their website says they will), but when I threatened to put them on my face book she sent an email stating they would do a refund. The return receipt shows they received the return on June 28. 2010. No refund has been made, nor will they answer emails. They took $130 from me and they have have the item. Buyere beware.

Gk

Comments

• La
      Sep 13, 2010

Wow! There are a few people out there who know that sites like this one and [redacted]s can really damage a small company like ours. Therefore they threaten and try to take advantage. Small companies cannot stay in business if they give in to fraudlent people and sites like this one and [redacted]s.

After reports like this are posted, then the companies start sending you emails offering to remove the reports if you pay them large sums of money.(Extortion) Just google [redacted]s and the others and you will see that they are criminals who hire people to take advantage of companies like mine and then try to extort money from us.

First of all, our web site clearly states that we do not offer refunds. This is because customers like this one wears it and then returns it for a refund. For health reasons, we cannot resale an item after it leaves our office.

We advised this customer that we could not get a perfect match to her hair color. She said she had access to a hair stylist and would have it colored and to send it anyway. So that is what we did. I agreed to refund her money after she harrassed me by email. But when she returned it, it had been worn. We could not stay in business if we gave refunds to people who want to take advantage.

We have come up with a solution to this problem that will allow us to offer a refund to our customers. Effective today, we have updated our web site to now offer a refund if customer is not satisfied. However the customer will not be able to wear it. We still will not be able to resale it but hopefully it will deter those who want to order just to wear it for an occasion and then return it.

• La
      Mar 10, 2011

This customer took me to court and lost the case. The judge told her that she is lucky that I have not sued her for the damage to my business. We specialize in matching blonde hair colors. 70% of our business are blondes.

• Kr
      Mar 16, 2011

I just watched the show and several things bothered me. I noticed she printed out a screen shot showing where your site said you gave refunds. You claim that your site does not offer them, but she had proof it did. You claim she had to "threaten" you to get you to comply with your own return policy? There is no reason whatsoever a customer should be forced to threaten a good business to comply with a policy they have on their website.
    My BIGGEST problem is she returned the item to you on June 28, 2010 and you did not refund her, nor return the product to her. Its no wonder she posted bad reviews of you-you deserved them. I understand that there was some form of hair product on it according to the hairstylist on the show. There was, however, no way of proving if you did it to avoid paying or if she did it by trying it on. Considering you kept the item for at least six months without returning it, or giving her a refund-that makes you into a bit of a crook now doesn't it? You cannot keep the product AND the money for the product. Can you offer a reason why you did not return the hair to her until you were told by the judge to do so? What prevented you from putting it in the mail with a professional letter stating it had been worn and was not returnable? That is bad business no matter how you look at it. I also noticed she sent in a sample but you were unable to match it? I saw the hair piece you gave her it was golden brown/light brown. Ive bought extensions on ebay before that shipped all the way from China and they were able to match my hair via photo's. Im not even talking about human hair either, but the cheap 70 gram extensions that cost $10 plus free shipping. You charge upwards of $130 and cant match it? How can you claim to specialize in blonde hair but you cant match ash-platinum blonde when a sample is provided? I can run up to Sally Beauty Supply and find hair that will match her color better than you did. Did you even attempt to refund her the extra you charged to match her color? I feel that Judge Mathis really fumbled the ball on this one. You may have gotten out of paying her the money, but something tells me that the $130 you 'saved' will really cost you in the long run. She isnt the only one leaving you bad reviews either.

• Li
      Mar 16, 2011

I agree after watching the program, it looks like the Judge dropped the ball. Any company should refund the money for unused items. I wouldn't be surprised if the Business owner sprayed the piece in order to avoid the refund. I would steer clear of this company,

• So
      Jun 12, 2011

I agree 100! Lacehair/upaclip is GARBAGE, dont waste your money on their disgusting service and low quality hair. My money was ripped off from them as well, and as the person complaining--i had to threaten them to even GET the hair. When the hair arrived, it looked like it belonged on a manged wet dog-and I am not going over the top--and it smelled like it was doused in hair spritz...Remy hair my foot. I now use a maneclip, make my own UPA clip (which is so easy)-or just buy a ponytail from the BSS. And please Laceflair, dont try to rebuff customers complaint- I have all the email to prove your money hungry LYING ways. You will reap what you sow, mark my words.

• So
      Jun 12, 2011

btw, I took the con artist advice "Just google [redacted]s and the others and you will see that they are criminals who hire people to take advantage of companies like mine and then try to extort money from us"...and LACEFLAIR came up under the search. SMH, shame on you...I guess u dont have any shame. Anyways, buyers BEWARE. DO NOT, and I repeat..DO NOT buy from this theifing woman or on her website or ebay...she is a damn crook and theif. Just remember- when the rain begins to pour--it'll pour heavy. Dueces.