LabCorp / Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings / race stereotype, and judgment for being a single mother!!!

Wesley Chapel, FL, United States

Date of incident: Thursday, June 22, 2017
Client Number: 281729 (labcorp account #)

As I was reviewing the locations reviews I quickly saw how terrible things in that office are being handled. Reading over the few comments I noticed some of the problems were setting appointments even though it says, via phone and website you don't have too. But to save myself the time and headache I went ahead and set an appointment for the earliest time listed on the site for the location closest to me. 1: the appointment was set for 2:30pm I got there early and still waited a hour and a half. 2: the lady at the front was rude to other patients and had a terrible way of hiding her attitude and facial expressions. 3: they were calling many other patients that never had an appointment ahead of me and had kids with them. They were able to take their drug screen test for jobs, etc. Now when they called my name "Perez" I walked to the front with my 8 year old daughter, just as every other mother in there did. When we got to the front the male sized us, and had a face like he was judging us. Or judging me for being a single Mother. Now lets go back to the fact that I waited 1 1/2 hr and seen many single mothers be called and walked out with no problems with their kid(s)... Maybe it's my age and how young I may look but I'm just about 30 yrs old and the way I was treated was wrongly, terrible, disgusting, and left a bad taste in my mouth. The man informed me that I could not take my kid to the back as she stood by the bathroom door outside with him or another employee, she could not wait in the hall way, she could not wait in the lobby, etc. Basically I needed someone with me and my child as I took a urine test that would of took me seconds. I went into this location before and I never had a problem ever with having my child with me. I stated before in this complaint that, yes I am a single mother in there for a drug screen for a job to provide for my child. And I was treated with no respect because I look young and Hispanic with a dark skin daughter. I informed him that my job called and was waiting for the results that he would have to call the human resource and inform them of this situation. There is nothing listed in the lobby, website, nor the operator about single mothers needing someone with them to watch their kid for a few seconds as they use the restroom. My thing is why, wasn't this informed as I waited for so long with an appointment that I wasn't going to be seen because I had my child with me. The fact my daughter had to experience that type of behavior and disrespect my a male and get the door slammed in our faces is disgusting, poor customer service, rude, disrespectful, terrible manners, and the fact it was done in front of my daughter! Something needs to be done and taken care for ASAP. I was embarrassed in front of others in the lobby and when I waited for the lady in the front to call and give me my ID back it was thrown to me. I had to call my employer and let them know whats happening because I wasn't able to be seen.

Below I will be attaching how the paper work and my ID was handed back to me and also bent!
I'm in disbelief