Labcorp / hostage holding

1 Haddon Heights, NJ, United States Review updated:

I went for bloodwork this morning and was told I'd be turned away if I didn't pay my outstanding balance in full. I have been having extremely bad financial issues at the moment and didnt have the money to pay the $22 I owed.That's correct - $22 lousy dollars. If I had the money I would have paid it. People don't get American Express cards because the balance must be paid monthly, now healthcare is doing the same?!
I had $94 to make it 7 days until my next paycheck. I now have $72 since it was so imperative to add $22 to the millions you make. Congrats, you made a grown man cry today over getting needed healthcare. You must be very proud of your company. I did not deserve the treatment Labcorp gave me today. I am an honest man with good intentions and you held me hostage today. Shsme on you.

Ju
Mar 23, 2018

Comments

• Su
      23rd of Mar, 2018

$22 or $22k doesn’t matter. Businesses can’t afford to carry balances whether they make millions or hundreds.

• St
      27th of Mar, 2018

@SubSquirrel I AGREE!

• Je
      21st of May, 2018

As much as I dislike LabCorp, you can't expect them to provide services for free. You probably had ample time betwen labs to pay that $22 balance, but should admit that if you had not been in a situation that forced you to pay it, that you most likely never would have bothered.