LA Total Fitness / Fee of $1,000!

PA, United States
My father opened a membership with LA. After he came home the same day we decided that the membership was not something we needed at that moment. The sales people at the gym convinced him to sign a 3-year contract. My father went back the next day and canceled the membership. A week later my husband and I decided to try out a gym membership and went to the same gym. When opening an account, I asked if my dads membership was canceled. The sales rep double checked and told us that the membership was canceled and that everything was good.

I few weeks later, we received a bill in the mail for 1,000 dollars for not canceling my fathers membership on time! When I confronted the sales rep the same day about this fee he said that there was nothing he could do. He also told me that my father never canceled the membership and that he doesn't remember talking to me about it. Although he did remember calling my father to ask him if he really wanted the membership closed.

After I found all this out, I tried to call LA to make a complaint. I was getting transfered to one voice mail recording after another and spent hours on the phone. I never got to talk to a person on the phone.

- if you are considering what gym to go to, DO NOT GO TO LA!

LA Fitness International Logo LA Fitness International