The ### took my money and sent me an empty box when I filed a dispute with VISA they retaliated by giving visa a tracking number that was sent to me showing it was signed by me. Now I am out over $125.00 and Visa sided with these idiots.

D  28th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I have been dealing with LA Police Gear since it opened for business. I was deployed several times in Iraq for the last 6 years and I did not have any problem with their service. To be quite frank, they care about their customers.

By far they are the best tactical e-store ever.

Respectfully Submitted,

A  10th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes

Glad you've had a good experience with LaPoliceGear.com and thank you for your service.

Unfortunately my experience with them has been less then stellar. And from reading the reviews on Policelink. I am not the only one. Apparently they are a drop ship merchant, not a stocking one. So, they are notorious for low prices and poor/slow order fulfillment. My order with them has been backordered over 2 months with no end in sight. Added to that the CS reps are snarky. If it's you're screw up be humble, man up & apologize. Don't blow off the customer and then try to blame them.

I called up asking for the owner to tell him my experience. Never got through, b/c, as the rep indicated, this is apparently the norm for them. -grant
D  8th of Jan, 2010 by
I have nothing but good things to say about LA Police Gear. Just started doing business with them and everything arrived on time and was exactly what I ordered.

Do not let this one (probably fake) review lead you astray. I spoke with them on the phone about changing an order and they couldn't have been any nicer. This guy is probably just some douche who was trying to scam them and they saw through his BS and that upset him.

Look at reseller ratings, they have one of the higher scores on there. LA Police Gear rocks on service, dependability, and price. What else do you need?

BTW if anyone from LA Police Gear sees this and wants to give me a coupon for my glowing review of your awesome company, I would love one.
A  12th of Jan, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes

Glad you had a great experience. But my above review is factual and accurate.

Thank you for your clearly vulgar and inappropriate post. I think you clearly showed which of us is the moral one by your choice of language. You did all the work for me... I couldn't have made a better case.

P.S. In point of fact there is now 3 separate complaint threads for this merchant.
A  12th of Jan, 2010 by
I can almost gurantee Sakartelephone works for LA Policegear they put up tons of fake comments on reseller ratings too. The company is a sham and they know it. LA Police Gear is rude and took money from me and hung up on me when I called them to ask what happened to the check I sent they cashed. 68.23 dollars later they ripped me off.

Must be nice to steal like that
A  15th of Sep, 2010 by
Just adding another remark on shipping from LA Police Gear. Nowhere during the order process did it ask if I wanted to have items shipped as they were available (neither warned that items were on backorder) at cost to me. Some items were on backorder so LAPG shipped what they could. I had free shipping on the order that went out the window when they split the shipment. So $22 on the extra box that does me no good without the rest of the order. I have ordered from them in the past, returning to them from a positive experience, but won't in the future. They can't just charge you more without your permission, that's wrong. I can think of a hundred other things to do with $22 like buy toys for the kids or take them out for ice cream.
A  6th of Jan, 2011 by
I have just placed an order with them which was accepted. Then a couple of days later they contact me and will not ship to my business address and must be my home address. After they asked for additional ID which I agreed to, they then say they still will not ship to my business address and canceled my order. Their customer service is terrible and would not ever deal with them again. This is a business with small thinking who do not understand anything about customer service.
A  18th of Oct, 2013 by
This is the worst retailer I've ever dealt with. First time ordering from them I bought a pair of pants. Immediately it goes on backorder and I'm not sure if they are going to ship the item or not. I mean how is something 'new', 'closeout' and 'backordered' all at the same time. Anyway I notice that they charged my card on the 15th and updated the status to show it would be shipped on the 16th. On the 17th I get an email that the item was shipped but they didn't actually ship the item until the 18th. I don't know of any retailer that charges your card before shipping and even so it took them 4 days to process the order and it was over a week before I got it and I'm only 250 miles from them. Their prices are low in some areas but the shipping charges are high. I'm not ordering anything else from them unless it can be backcharged and I don't care when it arrives.
N  14th of Jul, 2016 by

LA Police Gear - Short life
LA Police Gear

Bought a pair of tactical pants from LA Police Gear and 3 mos after purchase the zipper fell apart. I contacted them and there response was the worst that I have ever delt with and there was no regret of the poor quality of there own brand name. I tried to deal with them and that was a waste so I sent info to Ca Atty. Gen. Office and BBB, I had bought from these people before and sent others to them. I have notified all my contacts to go to another source for there gear