LA Police Gear / Misleading Advertising - Shady Shipping Charges

CA, United States Review updated:
2.5

Confusing policies - Website is NOT live, therefore, you may be ordering something they will not ever have in stock again as it has already been sold out. To get around this inconvenience, they state in a policy that "your order may be canceled without notice" - HEED this warning, especially when ordering other items to "maximize" your shipping dollar.

I ordered a pair of boots@$19.99 and two hats@0.99 each. Total shipping for the two items was $9.24 my boots were canceled without notice, tax was adjusted but the shipping wasn't. So guess how much my two $0.99 hats cost me? $11.38 - what a rip-off, the shipping was 5 times the cost of the hats!!! I contacted "live" support via a chat function on their website, funny since their item updates are NOT "live". After a lengthy chat, the shipping for the hats came out to $8.99 (meaning it would have only cost $0.25 more to ship the boots to me). So in summary shipping for 2 - $0.99 hats = $8.99, shipping for 1 pair of combat boots = $0.25 go figure... LA Police Gear has lost one customer.

Oh, to rub it in my face, they gave me a credit of $0.25 to put toward my next order... yeah right!
Ro

Comments

Jo
  18th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I have shopped with LA Police Gear many times and always found their deals to be better than you can find anywhere else. Their closeouts are incredible deals. They did have a mistake on one of my orders but their customer service fixed it. You got two $20 Dollar hats for 99 cents and you are complaining about shipping ??? In case you have not noticed shipping charges have been higher ever since fuel hit $4 a gallon. UPS/FED Ex have not dropped their fuel up charges. I for one will continue shopping with LA Police Gear.
Jo
  23rd of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I have used LA Police Gear several times and I have never had a problem with any of the orders. They have really good deals and their customer service people are very nice. I will use them again. Maybe the guy who complained is just a cry baby...
Oo
  28th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Poor service. I've ordered several times and every time it takes almost a month to get items. I ordered on Jan 9th, 2 BDU pants, 1 Jacket and 1 belt. 10 days later nothing, not email, no shippment. I emailed LA Police Gear and Here is what "Vincent" said:
"I show that we sent you an e-mail on the 19th to notify you about the items being backordered. I apologize that you have not been notified since. 5.11 items are generally on backorder for about 2 weeks from the order date. As of this time the items have just come in stock. I am filling your order now to get it processing. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause. Please feel free to contact me if you have any more questions."
Hmmmm, so bombard you with free shipping offers, free hats, free cofe mugs, get your business, get your money. All on items they admitt are never in stock "generally backordered for about 2 weeks from the order date" So they advertise it's in stock, but they admitt, generally it's not. I think the Attorney General of California needs to review thier business practice. Avoid this company unless you like to wait a month for your stuff.
Td
  11th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I placed an order for 3 5.11 polo shirts on closeout. I placed the order, the charge cleared my bank and I waited and waited and waited some more for my package. It never arrived. I then emailed and received no reply. I called and was told they would have to research my problem. They took my phone number and I never heard back from them.
I have even searched out and emailed the owner... no reply. They have an F (complete failure) rating with the LA county Better Business Bureau. Per the BBB they have a history of simply ignoring 60% of complaints. Who knows how many people they have screwed. In my opinion, they are a bogus scam. In my opinion formed by my research and personal experience... there is a 50% chance you will receive what you order.
I urge all who read this to avoid them. Check out the BBB rating on them.
2c
  17th of Feb, 2010
I completely agree this is a web site to avoid. Don't go there. Not worth the hassle if you try to buy anything. It's no Amazon for sure. Want a little taste of it? Here try this: Google "LAPOLICEGEAR BECKER" Notice that it says, "Free Shipping". Ok, now add the knife to your cart and fill out a name and address, etc and choose the shipping type. Hit recalculate. See the shipping? Yep. Good luck. The last (and only) order took about 2 months to get. The customer service is crappy, defensive, and mostly there to deflect the customer complaints in my view. Not to solve them.

2centsworth
Pa
  11th of Nov, 2011
Their customer service depends on the sales rep. Allie is not a good sales rep. Try to avoid her. The rest like Nicole or Francine are great.
Rh
  15th of Dec, 2013
Horrable
Rh
  15th of Dec, 2013
I agree with the site. Laploice gear screwed me out of my product and my money with the attitude that its not there problem. In November 2013 my wife had her purse snatched. I ordered her a stunn gun from the nonlinear web site. It took 2. Solid weeks for it to come. When it arrived we followed all instructions for use and it did not work. I contacted la police gear who told me to return it for a exchange Wich I did. It then took 3 weeks for me to get the replacement unit Wichita by the way didn't work either. I contacted them again to be told once again to return the item for a replacement. I did. About a week later I get a email saying they refunded $23.50 back to my card. I immediately contacted them to tell them I no longer had access to the card being it was a gift card visa. They said that because my return didn't have some slip with it they refunded the money. When I told them I no longer had access to this card I was told it wasn't there product and if I wanted my product I would have to give them payment again.now keep in mind that I paid $34.95 and they surposedly returned $25.50 to my gift card I no lo ger have. In the end run I'm screwd out if my money and the product. Signed pissed off in south Carolina... Robert A. HEIKE 2209 BROSD DR FLORENCE SC, 29505
Hi
  23rd of Nov, 2015
I never received my order and they won't give me my money back