LA Fitness — no amenities - (paper towel to wipe sweat)
My husband and I joined LA fitness in November 2015.
We started attending the weekly spin classes.
After our initial spin class - I asked the instructor where to find sanitary wipes to wipe down bike following class.
The spin instructor stated they are outside of class on the wall near drinking fountains.
I then noticed everyone exiting the class to cross the fitness area (30 feet), then lineup like children to a single paper towel dispenser beside drinking fountain.
Upon exiting we raised our concern to some guy who stated he was the fitness manager /trainer.
His name was TAYLOR MCARTHER. Taylor listened to our concern, then explained that he was transferred from Newmarket club to Barrie to improve the facility. He stated that he would talk to his boss at head office and rectify the situation.
He then proceeded to ask if we required personal training. I replied that I would consider it in the new year.
Now it's January 23rd 2016 - 3 months later and still no paper towels.
I asked Taylor why it was taking so long, and he replied that it's a head office thing and out of his hands.
I called head office and they said No paper towels in SPIN class as they would rather not encourage people to wipe the bikes. They said the cleaner will wipe them.
After some research I find out that was Taylor is not management. He is there to sell personal training - Time Share style Sales tactics.
This place is so poorly managed.
- no paper towels in spin class
- the bathrooms smell like urine
- paper towel and soap dispenser frequently empty
- single garbage can in washroom always over flowing
- no facility management, just sales sales, sales,
- consistent employee turn over
This is TIME SHARE fitness facility only interested in member sales/personal training sales
The older guy "Carl" is useless and likely lies like his boss Taylor.
READ the contract they are all liers and don't care about members.
We have since both cancelled our membership.
raised my concern to
I asked my She stated that LA fitness won't allow management to make simple decisions (i.e purchasing a garbage can and paper towel dispenser for the spin class. )
I then raised this concern to some pimple headed kid named Taylor. Taylor claimed that he was the training manager, and he was sent from the New Market location to cleanup and better manage the gym. Taylor said he would discuss with hit partner Carl and get things resolved.
It's now January and still no paper towels.
Who is this Taylor MacArthur ?
HE claims to be management, however it would appear that his role is SALES to sell personal training.
This is TIME SHARE personal training.
He lies and tries to sell 12 months has no management skills.
After some research I found out that he contributed to the demise of the New market location, and decided to move to Barrie and ruin that club.
More LA Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- LA Fitness - confessions of a former la fitness employee 
- LA Fitness - la fitness membership cancellation cheating! 
- LA Fitness - inappropriate behavior at la fitness! 
- LA Fitness - swimming pool 
- Lafitness-Personal Training - misleading/scam 
- LA Fitness - personal training contracts
- LA Fitness - fitness trainers
- LA Fitness - rude front desk with harassing closing announcements 
- LA Fitness - staff professionalism and competence 
- LA Fitness - very bad service