LA Fitness / manager

Carrollton, TX, United States Review updated:

My name is Sherry; I was a member of the La Fitness in Carrollton Texas. The reason I am not is because the one manager there named Jon Michael offended me and embarrassed me in front of people working out there at the time. I am a white female, on the heavy side but was working out to be more on the thinner side. As I walked by Jon he said something I couldn’t believe, I stopped and said excuse me what did you say and Jon replied there is no excuse for you being that fat. Jon said it loud enough so that other members start saying did you hear what he said to her. I was so embarrassed and ashamed I run out of their crying and went home. I tried calling and taking to someone in charge but they keep giving me Jon Michael the manager and Jon repeat called me fat ### stop calling hear, we don’t like fat ### here. I hope this helps stop overweight people from signing up at the Carrollton Texas la fitness store so they will not be made fun of by the manager Jon Michael as I was. Do not go to the Carrollton Texas la fitness is you are some overweight, beware of Jon Michael.

Comments

• Ls
      7th of Apr, 2012

Why don't you call the owner? If you can't get through, then go to the website. I'm sure there is contact info there.

• St
      30th of Apr, 2012

Sorry for sending that incomplete comment. Without repeating, I'd add that the other member's complaint that the same manager said to aloud to another employee "that's how to get rid of an older member " shows that he's insensitive to people's feelings. Are we into that "Jersey Shore" reality t.v. mentality where insulting people is seen as the norm? Maybe she should consult a lawyer and/ or complain to the Better Business Bureau.That L.A. Fitness tolerates that manager's behavior should tell you something about the character of L.A. Fitness. Just my 2 cents.

• St
      30th of Apr, 2012

Seems I hadn't submitted that original comment. Has the commenter ever tried to contact L.A. Fitness? They aren't set up for you to contact them by phone. They want you to contact them through a local club. Go to the other complaint sites or even this one and read what L.A. Fit members report. This corp. is all about advertising for new members and selling personal training. I've heard from members at our club who have had billing problems and the difficulties in resolving them.