LA Fitness International / facility maintenance

Filthy disgusting changerooms and bathrooms - For months sludge and grime has been building up on counters, around water taps etc. I brought this to the attention of 3 different staff members over the course of 2 weeks. Nothing was done about it. I finally spoke to manager Ryan Maleganeas on April 13, 2018. I showed him pictures. He acted like it was the first he had heard about it (I later found that staff had informed him of the issues previously). He assured me it would be addressed. A week later (Aug 21, 2018) the same sludge and grime remained uncleaned and untouched. So I asked Ryan what was happening with the cleaning. He said it had been cleaned. I took him to the changeroom and showed him that none of the issues I raised with him had been addressed. Specifically black sludge in corners of counter tops, sludge buildup on soap dispencets and around water taps, black mould growing on calking along bottom of mirrors. Ryan Maleganeas then told me that this was cleaned every day and the sludge buildup (which I have been looking at for months) was from a single day's use! I informed him he was incorrect and he accused me of lying. He then said they were doing the best they could and that he expected gym members to be assisting in cleaning the facilities!? Then he said if I didn't like it I could cancel my membership! Ryan Maleganeas has Zero ownership or sense of responsibility for safety and cleanliness of his facility, zero respect for members, zero respect staff. Is it any wonder that none of the staff like him. Also when I was pointing out the deficiencies to Ryan in the men's room, others joined in and added their complaints about lack of cleanliness. Yet Ryan just brushed them off too. I have had others express their concerns to me. I have had staff tell me that others have complained to them as well. But Ryan Maleganeas says he can do no better. Well Ryan, perhaps you should look for a job that better suits your abilities! Something far from customer service, far from managing others and far from facility maintenance!

Je