LA Boxing / disrespect

United States, New Jersey, Marlboro Review updated:
La Boxing
Three of my friends and I attended a "free trial class". Of which after Bob, began his selling pitch. After telling Bob, I had no interest due to commitment, he began to badger all of us and was very degrading. He wouldnt stop just kept going and going. I emailed my complaint to be be followed by replys from the owner...of which Suzanna did nothing but belittle me, treat me with no respect, and was completely condescending. I have never been treated this way. And will do all i can to warn the rest of women in my community to not go there.

D  20th of Jan, 2010 by
I disagree with this complaint. My husband and I have been members at marlboro for over a year. The owners and instructors are so friendly and professional. They go out of their way to help us and make us feel special.

It is so wrong to post an email like this. I have seen people come in and be rude to the staff when they wanted a free class or didn't get their way but I have never experienced Susanna or Bob or anyone being anything but awesome.
A  5th of Apr, 2010 by
Take the advice of someone who used to work there. Bob and Suzane are sharks. They only care about money. Not to mention they know nothing about running gyms or boxing for that matter. All the good instructors left because of these two leeches. Take your money and spend it on a real gym.
D  5th of Jun, 2010 by
You are obviously a disgruntled x-employee. If you were any good at your job you would still it. We love the club and my two daughters and I take the classes together and love the instructors.
N  27th of Apr, 2011 by
Hi, this is Suzanna,
Thank you for the kind words from those who posted them:)
We know who posted the negative ones.
We recall the incident completely different and we stand by our employees.
We cannot allow our employees to be abused.
We aren't sharks we are a family with kids running a small business.
We care about all of our members and want them to get an awesome workout.
People who come and use the club love it because the LA Boxing workout changes your body and your life!
The really is nothing like it so please come and visit the clubs and see for yourself!

D  3rd of Apr, 2013 by
I love it here. I'm shocked to read what that person said. I haven't seen anything other than all of them going out of their way for everyone. They are all so nice there. From the trainers to the front desk, everyone.
I lost so much weight I haven't felt this good since before my kids. Thank you to you guys.
A  5th of May, 2013 by
I am sure many people have had great experiences at LA Boxing of Marlboro and while I had envisioned mine being just as good, I unfortunately experienced much of the same issues that the original poster had explained.

My work schedule is highly unpredictable, however when time allows I take kickboxing classes at a place closer to my job. For the weekends, I wanted to try something similar out that was local to me so I, too, signed up to attend a "free trial" class. After completing my paperwork and discussing my goals, Bob repeatedly asked me what I was looking to get out of taking this class and whether I planned to sign up after. I explained that I had personal setbacks and am unable to commit to a schedule off the bat. As I elaborated on my fitness routine, I was asked if I would plan to drop some of my current workouts and substitute them with boxing, to which I explained that I do not plan on doing so particularly since part of my routine involves teaching a fitness format (which is by far completely different kickboxing). Rather than encouraging me to give their class a try regardless, I received an accusatory response in which I was told that "it's not worth it for me [you] and basically, I am [you are] just here from another gym to check them [us] out." This was absolutely not the case, nor my intention for stopping in to take a class. I guess that's what I get for saying "I don't know" in response to whether I plan to join. Regardless, the feeling I received from our conversation and the repeated accusation made me feel very unwelcome at this facility, at which point I decided it was not worth my time or energy to be there and left.

I've taken, as well as offered, "free trials" before, and never, have I ever, been hassled to sign up for something I have not yet experienced nor had the opportunity to think through on my own time. The reaction I would have expected was an offer to try the class out anyway and then discuss options later. Truth be told, had I thoroughly enjoyed the class, I would have signed up so that I can attend as I please, when my schedule allows; however I never got the opportunity to do so. Lesson learned. I should have driven the 25 minutes to go to a location that always makes me feel like I belong.