La Bella Salon & Spa, TN / unauthorize use of credit card

3326 Aspen Grove Drive #275
Phone: 615 778-7668
This Company is Body Enhancement Center, LLC who goes by the name of LaBella Salon & Spa, who is also known as "THE SPA GROUP", who is also known as 'SPA GROUP AMERICA", who is also known as "LYPOSSAGE SOUTH, who is also known as "LYPOSSAGE INSTITUTE". who is also known as 'SIMPLY BRONZE" With no License in Tennessee under "THE SPA GROUP, or SPA GROUP AMERICIA or LYPOSSAGE SOUTH or LYPOSSAGE INSTITUTE or SIMPLY BRONZE. We purchased a G5 Lypossage Machine from this company and they charge our American Express Card in July 2008. They contacted us again, claiming they had a new Lypossage (TM) machine to sell called Ultra Coutouring (Microcurrent face lift machine) At first we told them no, we had just spent a large sum on the G5 machine. They convince us to allow them to do a Demo, we would pay them 1/2 by check and the balance in 30 days if we wanted to keep the machine. Well little did we know that they ILLEGALLY KEPT our credit card number on file without our knowledge from July 2008, CHARGED our AE card 2 days prior to the demonstarion of the machine at our spa for the full purchase price of $6, 995.00 for the machine and the next day charge another $3, 457.50 and we sent them a check for the 1/2 upfront for $3, 500.00. In two days they charged $10, 452.50 to our AE credit card, took a check for $3, 500.00. for a machine that only cost $6, 995.00. We immediately STOP payment on the check. Then they send us an email claiming that felt we might like some more products and they have billed our AE card again. Of course, we filed dispute with AE and this company filed a false response claiming we order the equipment and product over the internet, which of course was UNTRUE, they provided AE no proof we order this equipment over the internet and provided no shipping confirmation at all. THEY SIMPLY LIED! To make matter worst, this company is not authorize to sell this equipment under Lypossage because it is not a lypossage machine it was made by DectroGroup and the cost is $3, 995.00 and this company was selling this machine as a Lypossage (TM) machine for $6, 995.00. GOTO: www.lypossageinstitute.com/g5machine. This company only buy wholesale double the price an sell retail and "LIE" about the products they sell claiming the machine was a Lypossage (TM) machine as listed on their website. This company illegally charged our AE credit card without our authorization, and when we caught them we sent them an email not to charge our card anymore and they continued to charge our card. We were forced to get another AE card number to stop the FRAUD and scam by this company

N  30th of Mar, 2009 by
Can you tell me more about Dectrogroup I can not find the web site. Thanks, Dory
A  30th of Jun, 2010 by
I would agree! I have been in a dispute for 2 years with "Lypossage Institute"/"The Spa Group"/"Spa Group America". WIth the economy hitting our field I did some research and found that people were continuing to spend money on the Aesthetic side of life so I was really impressed by the G5. I did many searches on "Lypossage" and was always directed to www.lyposssageinstitute.com rather than the real website of www.lypossage.net.
Neadless to say I was wooed into traveling to Florida for training, purchasing 3 pieces of equipment, and paying for a specific territory to insure that I would be the only practictioner to be performing this service.
Well long story short...
- - I never was flown to Nashville for the additional training on 2 pieces of equipment so not sure really how to use it.
- - I actually did not purchase the equipment it turns out the financing option that they put me into was a crazy lease in which I pay as much in interest as I did for the equipment and I still wouldnt own it.
-- The $5500.00 I paid for a territory? Well they were never allowed to sell such a territory so that was $5500.00 (that I burrowed from my parents) shot in the @SS.
There have been nothing but excuses for all of the mistakes and the blame has been pushed to someone else.
I paid almost $25, 000 on equipment, travel, training, territories and not one is buying.

Yes, they came and did a 2 day open house. Supposed to be however the trip got cut short, I had to go have the rental car fixed for them, deal with one of them drinking wine out of our refrigerator while she was showing/pressuring clients to buy something on the spot.

This has been an absolute NIGHTMARE and my attorney feels I should continue with legal action, but I dont have any more money to invest and who knows if I will recoup anyting; not to mention I still have 3 years to pay on this equipment that I wont even own at the end.

I would recommend everyone to be very careful if opting to work with any of the above referenced companies and be prepared to hear excuse after excuse when things go wrong.