L P C CARD / Credit card fraud

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1800 369 7919

Sale rep. Call me with credit card offer, i did say yes to what i was offered over the phone, but when i got the card an the cardholder membership agreement. After reading the agreement only to realize what was said to me over the phone was totally diffrent. I then call the number that was listed on the form, i waited on hold for ten minutes before costomer service agent came on the phone, he then ask me for some personel information an i told him i did not want the card, he told me to throw the card away an hang the up the phone in a very hostle manner they took two hundred & fifty dollars from my account, i would a full refund. I then call my attoney

Comments

• Co
      27th of May, 2008

i'm so glad there are web sites like this one. I got the card in the mail and came here to check it out, being scamed right now to me and my young family would have been devasting

• Gr
      30th of Sep, 2008

all i want is to get out of this miss, i was so dum, i will never do this kind of scam again. i need help getting out of this if there is any body out that can help me, please do. thanks.graziela. 9, 28 07.

28th of Oct, 2008

I received a pre-approval letter in the mail yesterday. I went online to see if there was any merchandise I would like to purchase on credit. I was aware of the $79 non-refundable activation fee and was willing to pay it if the products were worth purchasing. However, I could only see thumbnails online and called to find out if I could view the products prior to making a decision. I was told I could only see the products and descriptions AFTER I paid at total of $199 (activation fee and $120 membership fee?.
    I thought, okay, I will join and if not happy with the prices or quality I would cancel. However, I was asked to give my checking account info to have monies automatically debited from my account. NOT!
    Naturally, I decided to not participate in this program.
    My advise, stay away unless you have no chance of getting any sort of credit somewhere else and don't mind giving away $200 with the hope that this company is legitimate.

29th of Oct, 2008

I figured it had to be a scam... A $7, 500 credit limit plus all the fees that apply? Plus, everything applies to your bank (at first I didn't know what the fine print meant). The LPC site is legit at first look, though.. Also, on the paper it says you have the unsecured credit line for "shopping with us." So you'd have to purchase their products instead of using it as a real credit card. So... wtf kind of credit card was this? FAKE. Completely.

29th of Oct, 2008

thanks everyone. i got one of these in the mail yesterday, i am shedding it as i type

• Se
      30th of Oct, 2008

I just got an offere in the mail... trashed it!!!

• We
      31st of Oct, 2008

Thank you for posting yor experience with this credit card company. I just shredded it. The papers had FRAUD written all over them!!!

• Ke
      1st of Nov, 2008

I just emailed the company (i did Not join) and said i just reviewd all the consumer complaints about this card and not one was positive. I went on to say that I am surprised that this has been allowed to go on for so long and after reading all the negative comments I am not interested. Their response-"they would get back in two days"!

• Mi
      11th of Nov, 2008

These people got me! All I was tryimg to do was rebuild my credit. They now have $200 of my money and I am screwed. I looked at the items they offer only to find that they are refunbished, second rate brands. Who wants a refurbished TV? My advice is to stay away from this scam and their fast talking sales people. I only hope that I can get this cancelled without anymore deductions from my account. If you are trying to rebuild your credit, I would suggest using your $200 to get a secured credit card throung a bank that has a visa or mastercard logo on it. DONT BE FOOLED. THEY DONT REPORT TO ANY CREDIT BUREAU. THIS IS NOT A CREDIT CARD INTHE TRADITIONAL SENCE!!

• Sh
      12th of Nov, 2008

I got scammed this last week. I got the preapproval in the mail, called to check it out, agreed to a $79 activation fee and a refundable $120 charge that I could get back if I cancelled...I call to cancel four days later and they tell me I must wait for the packet in the mail to receive a refund of the $120. I am pissed but agree to call once I receive the packet in the mail but ask for an extension in the refund period as the deadline is three days after receiving the package...I call once I receive the package in the mail and tell them I want to cancel and the proceed to tell me that I have two options now. I can get my refund of $120 and still pay $98 on Jan. 1st 2009 and $98 on Feb. 1st 2009 or I can not get my $120 refunded and not pay the two consecutive monthly payments. WHAT? This is the first time anyone has brought up the two other payments of $98! I am so furious. Its almost Christmas I have two small kids, it was already going to be hard to get them anything...now?! I didn't agree to either refund package as I was tooo pissed yesterday but I am afraid I will call and won't agree to give me my $120 and still take the other moeny out of my bank. So I lost $79 + $120 to this scam. This company should not be legal. The magazine look so phoney and fake. ERRR

• Sh
      12th of Nov, 2008

PS they keep referring to the "contract" that you agreed to. They are so scandalous! PS they only have ONE number. They will not let you speak to a manager or give you any other number. The only info they gave me was a PO Box in Los Angelos, California.

• Ca
      12th of Nov, 2008

I wanted to make a complaint against lpc card company because I feel that I'm being scammed. I paid them $45 to set up my account with them. I want my money back.

• Ba
      13th of Nov, 2008

do you guys have their phone number by any chance? i did not even apply for this credit card but they charged me 299...

• He
      18th of Nov, 2008

Wow my sister recieved one of this lpc card with a 7500 credit limit> she doesn't know why they sended her that card she didn't ask for it, i told her throw it away>this people need to be stop..

• Be
      18th of Nov, 2008

My husband just handed me his letter he got in the mail from this company. Of course, it contained all offers and info found in your comments. I read through the whole letter and was NOT impressed. I went to their site to browse their catalogue only to find you have to "activate" to see what they offer...RED FLAG!!! It is by pure accident that I found this site. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave comments. Had it not been for your consideration my husband and I would probably have fell into financial ruin. Again, thanks!

• Kr
      21st of Nov, 2008

I wa very to see I got approval on a credit card at first. Then I opened the letter and it said that I was pre-approved for $7, 500 and at that point and time I said there is no way and I will check it out. So I checked the website out and thought why do I have to use the card only for their product. SO i then googled the credit card company and saw so many bad things about it. So I read them and now it is in the trash. Thanks to people who want to alert others about scams.

• Ra
      24th of Nov, 2008

Preapproved a credit card which I did not apply for.

• Pa
      29th of Nov, 2008

i absolutely know that they are FRAUDALENT!!! I had the same exsperiance of recieving the letter looking online to see the merchandise i could buy and they were just thumbnails. I should have thought to myself right there that there was something up with that? but bein a little nieve and christmas rollin around i thought it was a good idea. I applied for my account over the phone. A lady with a fast foreign sounding voice asked me a lot of personal questions. i mean personal. the usual name, address, bdate, social, bank account #, then routin#, was a little iffy giving that out but did it anyway. then she started asking me the location and address of my bank why would she need to know that? that was finished she told me i would be billed $199 act. fee at this certain date and they took it out before that time! causing me to overdraft they did that 3 times before i even put my money in the bank. lets just say my pay day wasn't a pay day! i received $ 14 an some change that day. im a mother of 2 i work full time so you just imagine how nice that was. i tried calling that day and didn't get through to anyone. so i went online and put a cancellation on my account. two weeks later they tried taking out the $79 fee on an unscheduled date again. and the same thing happened they tried 2 or 3 more times and caused me more overdraft fees. no one even called me from that company to see why they couldn't recieve the money. u think they would call? so i said screw them!!! and changed my account infomation my bank accountant even told me they sounded fraudulant. just 2 days ago i received a bank statement stating that i was overdrafted 79.95 the name was platnum card. they did again. they got my new information and tried to withdrawl it again. how can they do that i cancelled my account no one called me to ask me why. and they still tried to take my money there after! PLEASE WHATEVER U DO DON'T DO IT THEY WILL GET U TOO!!!1

• Am
      2nd of Dec, 2008

Thank you so much i was about to be a fool to try this scam...Something just told me google comments and rating about the offer i recieved as well.You guys are a life saver and thanks for taking the time out to warn others. I am a mother of two and definately need to avoid getting into unessessary debt. i hope everything gets cleared with everyone who took time out to let people know the truth...Thank you and God Bless!!!

• To
      2nd of Dec, 2008

Man, yall saved me from tryin this ### out. I knew it was something crazy about this ### when I seen that 7, 500 limit. So I just felt I had to say somethin cuz if nobodysaid nothin i might have got on this ###.
    THANKS A LOT!!!