Kuwait Airways / irresponsible, inhumane and really really bad service

I have vowed to myself and to whoever is planning to fly abroad in the near future, to never use Kuwait Airlines again. I would rather pay a debt for a higher ticket price than board any Kuwaiti flight. I have to say, I have never felt more disheartened and saddened to go through the stress and tension of the poor service this airline provides as well as to have these Kuwaitis ill-treat my people the way they had. I know this complaint will go unheard of but I will make sure this never goes astray. Me, being a Journalist, you will know how this will end up. I am not asking for compensation. Check for the main Kuwaiti male-steward (or someone who seemed that way) who was serving on board Flight KU 0364/ECONOMY. Unfortunately, I could not catch a glimpse of his name as he sported one of those detailed badges and was moving in quick succession. I can read, write and speak the language so I understood every damn thing he was saying. He also clearly favoured his Kuwaiti or Arabic passengers better. He was extremely rude to many of the female 'Ceyloni' passengers as these Arabs call us and I had to watch him blast most of them to move to their seats and so on and so forth. This flight was SUPPOSED to leave at 05.15am from Colombo on 07 June, 2014 and land in Kuwait at 08.00am. But, seemingly, the airline decided to wait for MORE passengers before it left Colombo. This was a stop-over for me to get the next flight to Frankfurt Airport at 08.55 from Kuwait and obviously, not enough time was available for the staff to transfer the bags of about 6 or 7 other passengers including myself who were supposed to catch the same flight. Well, disaster after disaster ensured and highlighted the incompetence of the ground staff and their ill attitude. First of all, I can go in detail explaining the entire incident to you but I have decided to blog about it. You can have a nice read online if you manage to find it. But, I won't waste more time here. I recommend you allocate more training time for all your staff members; ground and air-borne. They seriously need it. I will be keeping note and will even take lengths to go to Kuwait and meet the Sheikh if I have to. The Kuwaitis better treat everyone as they would like to be treated themselves.

Sa
Jul 06, 2014

Comments

• Ut
      Aug 28, 2012

I had a confirmed ticket from kuwait to chennai on 16-8-12 by ku343 at 2055 hrs, pnr- cyi5s6, name kuppusamy uthaman, e tkt-229 [protected] and ticket status ok..
    I was in check in counter 6.00 pm and long queue but no body in the counter due to fast break time. When enquired in the enquiry, the staff mentioned that the flight will not leave without taking all passengers. At 8 pm, some staff showed in the counter, but vanished after clearing some passengers. At 9 pm, when my turn came, the staff told the flight is closed and should try for next day. This is bizarre since i was there before 3 hours and i was denied boarding for a fault of not my own. Due to important engagement, i had to take another flight by air india on the same night by paying heavy price ticket while kuwait airways did not give any compensation.
    I need the compensation for my difficulties and paying for new air india ticket.
    E-mail [protected]@hotmail.com

• Issue resolved.

• Ut
      Dec 07, 2012

please remove the complaint I posted on aug 28..
    uthaman

• Issue resolved.

• Ji
      Aug 01, 2014

AVOID THIS AIR LINE... even if its free..

i had to pay bribe to get my boarding card the station manager thought he owned the plane and wouldnt let me board without paying up... !!!

Walk if you have to... crawl if you have to.. but Kuwait Airways... NO!!!

• Ji

****I HAD TO PAY BRIBE TO GET ON BOARD****
    AVOID AVOID AVOID..
    WALK IF YOU HAVE TO...
    CRAWL IF YOU HAVE TO...
    DON'T GO IF YOU CANNOT DO THE ABOVE...

Regardless of the bribe majority of their staff is not even serious... except some good ones.

May not be top managements fault but employees at lower level work as if they own this air line..

• Do
      Aug 01, 2014

Apparently you were not aware, Pakistan is one of the most corrupt nations on Earth. Bribery is how you do business there, so be prepared.

Jan 16, 2015

i agree totally!!! walk or crawl but don't fly kuwait airlines. I was detained in kuwait for 40 ours and with no explanation or apology at all.further the airport hotel staff took our passports and were extremely rude. they refused to give us back our passports and sadly even the police were of no help. the airline and airport staff were extremely arrogant and it was disgusting the way they behaved with us.is there any way we can complain to someone about them? Not the airline of course because the airline isn't bothered. my email is [protected]@gmail.com. i really would like to know how to complain.