Kunkel Group / maintenance

1 Evansville, IN, United States

Kunkel Group has some of the worst customer service and maintenance in Evansville.

Just to fix a blind, it took three months for the staff to take action. They said they needed to order it. Meanwhile, it's a simple blind available at Home Depot for $15.

They left, in a 10 story building, the elevator not working for nearly two weeks. The stairwell was covered in dog urine and feces that had accumulated from people being unable to make it with their pets downstairs.

The office staff do no pick up their phones. I left seven messages with the, and emailed, none of which were returned. Only when I went to their office, which is at a location not listed on their website or online, was I able to speak with a human. The office staff, Ava, said I must have been calling the wrong number, so I dialed the same number I had called and the phone on her desk rang.

They also charge for maintenance without first confirming the price. I had the toilet repaired, for which they charged $150, telling me afterward how much it was and that I was liable for the cost.

They then assessed two late fees totaling $395 to my account after I told them I'd reimburse them at $10 per month over 15 months.

They also do everything as cheaply as possible. There are constant minor problems in the apartments due to cheap quality, like buckling floors, ceiling panals made of plastic, etc.

The location is excellent, but everyone in this building and many people in Evansville have a very negative perception of Kunkel. They are always late, always underperform on their promises and are genuinely a hassle to work with.

There are other apartments nearby that are a better choice for anyone who wants to live downtown.

Dt