Kumon / the lead representative at the sixth line oakville location is extremely rude and should not be working with children

1 Oakville, ON, Canada Review updated:

My daughter, who volunteered with this location for 25 hours, had been in email correspondence with the lead rep at this location by the name of Indra. Indra did not respond to my daughter's email back in January asking if she would be able to come in to pick up her volunteer hour certificate.

She sent another email to Indra earlier this week to inform her that she would be coming in to collect her certificate. Upon asking her for the certificate, Indra was ridiculously rude. She lashed out at her, saying that "YOU were the one who didn't email me back" (email records clearly indicate otherwise). "Do you know how many months it's been? Of course I would recycle it by now!!" She turned to me and tried to get me on her side, "How am I supposed to reply when your daughter hasn't replied to me?". It felt as if I was dealing with a child in an adult's body.

My daughter remained calm (very mature of her), and told her that she completed 15-20 hours. Indra wrote her down for the lowest number, 15.

I don't understand this behaviour. Indra is someone who is supposed to be working with children to help improve their school performance, and she has this poor, unprofessional attitude. My daughter offered her valuable TIME (UNPAID) to Kumon, and all she asked for is a paper stating she had done so.

She was not asking for a personal reference, for money for her unpaid work, or for anything that remotely required extra effort or unreasonable inconvenience to Indra. I am extremely disappointed with the quality of service that Kumon accepts as their leads, and will be telling others to never use this service.

Go