kronos/glow.com / deceptive business practices

1 Redding, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 310 683-0951

they have a deceptive free trial with 4.95 s&h and then bill you for $98.50. i called and they refunded $49.00 of the money they charged

my card. i also filed a complaint with the better business bureau in california.

Di

Comments

• Ka
      5th of Jun, 2010

they stole the same amount from me as well 98.50$ including an extra the day before a whoping $03.45. I bought a product months ago from them for about$13.94 and that was all I bought. I got the product fine and matter of fact it was a good product. But beware they will rob you blind after wards. Do NOT BUY from this company unless you want to be robbed blind by them and be charged fraudulent charges to your debit card or credit card.

• Kr
      23rd of Oct, 2010

Kronos hair products sells via glow.com what they call a "free trial offer" for $4.95 for the shipping. I ordered mine on Oct 20, 2010, received the products two days later and discovered I was signed up for their hair product club for $98.50/bimonthly. The ONLY way to get out of it is to request an RMA and send back the bottles (empty or not) to get out of it. The box for the bottles has to be postmarked within 7 days of the RMA (something that's not stated anywhere else) or you only get store credit (meaning: they'll charge you for a month at about $49 so not jumping through their hoops means much bigger money). I immediately sent back the empty bottles on the same day using CERTIFIED MAIL because I'd read in other complaint forums they mysteriously don't receive the box when it is sent on time. ("Oh, we never received the package, so you can only get store credit!") This makes using their products a real mixed bag: Even if the shampoo and conditioner is any good you feel taken by their underhanded, heartless, and mean-spirited sales tactics. They make these obnoxious requirements to get out of this exorbitant commitment only in very small print and stated vaguely regarding the commitment you'll be married to. Do yourself a big favor, don't deal with these people, it isn't worth it.