Kroger / out of stock sale items

1 Greenwood, IN, United States Review updated:

I went to your store on Saturday night around 8pm to buy groceries for the week. You were completely out of the 99 cent cereal and ground beef patties! I realize that the sign says while supplies last but this is ridiculous. I would assume you have the expertise to order enough product to make sure you can satisfy the customer. Carrying over some product from a sale is not that bad of a thing, maybe it is, I don't know. You should take care of the customer, not your inventory levels. Then to top it off I went to buy a non sale item, Silk Almond Milk, and you were out of that also. I was completely wasting my time. I had planned on buying a weeks worth of groceries but ended up buying four items and left disgusted. When I checked out the cashier asked me if I had found everything I was looking for and I told her no, you were out of everything I came for. She was very nice and I told her it wasn't her fault. Then she asked me if I would like to donate to breast cancer research, which I found ironic, because I was at a function all day dealing with that. I guess I should change my schedule to your stocking schedule so I can guarantee getting your sake items! Not good! I'm disgusted!

• Updated by Jfmaire, Apr 21, 2018

Jfmaire 00

Retail Stores Kroger Customer Service Out of stock sale items
    Kroger / Out of stock sale items
    Greenwood, IN, United States

Jf
Apr 21, 2018

Comments

• Su
      21st of Apr, 2018

They can order X amount at the good price. They buy all they can and distribute to stores. If a store runs out, more can't be guaranteed at that price. Sales start in Sunday, no? They end Saturday. You expect a great priced item to not sell? Ground beef at 99 cents/pound sounds like dog food. Milk sells out and weekend deliveries aren't always possible. Try shopping on a day when the store isn't inundated with paycheck shoppers. People get paid on Friday, go to the bank after work or on Saturday, then shop. Smart shoppers go Monday because sale items are in stock.

You'll survive without dog food err ground beef. Smart people buy it in quantity and freeze it.

• Li
      22nd of Apr, 2018

I’m with you on this...this makes two saturdays in a row that we have been in the store at 10am and out of the sale items... not good... Kroger has their own distribution warehouse, not third party, and if the items on sale should be ordered to cover their customer base. If you can look at what is on or what i buy on my card, you should be able to see what I want, and what the other customers are going to get. Order to cover the customer base.. If not there is a Wal-Mart across the street... They cook their chickens and have them out of oven at 11am, so if I want to get the limited items on sell I would have to go to the store at 6am and go home then return at 11am to finish shopping ???? Not going to happen... Like I stated, this marketing is driving us to Tom Thumb or Wal-Mart ... We have been a Kroger shopper since store in Little Elm opened ... before shopper at Frisco... If attention to this matter is not taken I will be the first to cut and mail my card to Kroger...

• Li
      23rd of Apr, 2018

@Careareafea I can tell you are from New York!!! This is Texas Bud... If you cant make your point without trying to belittle everyone, go away!!! God Bless ...
    You don't have a clue

• Su
      23rd of Apr, 2018

@LittleelmNRH shopper So to y’all, New Yawkers are just rude and crass? Typical media junkie who believes everything he reads.

• Fi
      23rd of Apr, 2018

@Careareafea That is only the taxi drivers.