Kraft Macaroni And Cheese / maggots

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Just made lunch for my friend and I and after eating half our meal we noticed small maggots attached to the noodles. I looked at the date on the box and it doesn't expire for few more months. I am beyond disgusted with this product. I wanted mac and cheese not maggots and cheese!!!

Comments

• Pc
      10th of Sep, 2012

I just had the same thing happen to me. I normally boil the water open the box take out the cheese packet and put the macaroni into the boiling water, but this time my friend said that the first 3 boxes that he opened had small black bugs in the macaroni. So I opened the box and poured the macaroni onto a sheet of paper and there were these little black spots in the macaroni and they moved. It made me sick and I threw it out. But this was from a ten pack that I purchased from Sams Club and still have 6 boxes left. I have contacted Kraft to see what can be done. I have enjoyed Kraft Mac and Cheese since I was a kid and that was quite a long time ago but since finding this I don't know if I ever will again. I think its there packaging that is causing this or there are bugs in the manufacturing of the product. The date code on the box shows that it does not expire till Jan 30, 2013.

• Pr
      15th of Oct, 2012

Just opened brand new box of Mac and cheese, poured the noodles in the pot to boil and as I poured, 3 maggots floated to the top (disgusting) don't know if I can ever eat Mac and cheese again.

29th of May, 2013

I bought a 5 pack of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese and every time I cook the macaroni it falls apart. Is there a secret to boiling the macaroni that I'm not aware of??? So frustrated. I have used two boxes of the 5 pack and they both turned out like this. I purchased at WalMart.

• Sh
      9th of Oct, 2013

I found a larva of some kind in my macaroni. And a dead flea. After eating half of it (during late pregnancy) and this really disgusts me. I also fed it to my husband and my child!!! This happened to me once as a child, my mother cooked it and found lots of larva, luckily before anyone ate any. Kraft, tsk tsk. How can we trust this anymore??

• Da
      10th of May, 2014

i just had this happen to me yesterday. 2 brand new boxes purchased 3 weeks ago.. i boiled the water, poured the noodles in and found maggots in it. so i dumped it out, then opened the other box poured the noodles in a bowl and found maggots all in the box so i threw the noodles and cheese away.. wish they wouldnt be in boxes that are good. now i dont know if i will ever buy mac n cheese again.. it got me sick to mys tomach and the bad part is im 25 weeks pregnant. so i or my unborn child could have got real sick if i hadnt had caught this in just the right time...

• Dc
      4th of Oct, 2014

Box after box after box after box of Kraft mac & cheese that we've tried to fix has had black bugs in it and had to be thrown out. They haven't reach their expiration dates yet. We've had two 5-box combo packages that were wrapped in plastic, and out of both packages every box but one had black bugs in them and had to be thrown away. Finally I Googled it to see if it was only us having this problem and results came up here and YouTube and other sites for people having the same problem. We're in WEST VIRGINIA, not California. We can't afford to keep throwing away food like this!

• Kr
      3rd of Nov, 2014

Just had a few floating maggots... Disgusted
    Wonder how many didn't float/come out ugh..

26th of Nov, 2014

we sometimes buy generic mac and cheese. when the kraft is on sale I buy kraft, because I trust the kraft name. TRUST is what you just lost, , , , , this is from Phoenix, Arizona. we had the pot boiling and just poured the noodles in there were live maggots. this was on a box of sell by 6/2115, children eat mac and cheese more than any other food on the planet. we opened 2 boxes of a six pack. that is 6 boxes we wont use. how can I serve this to the children. and we can't just run out and buy a different box."no more money" I can't count how many kraft products we usually buy in a months time...what % is mac n cheese part of your bottom line???? I don't want a coupon or more boxes,

26th of Nov, 2014

Just opened the cheese packet and found six bugs, ALIVE! Box was bought last wk! Girls and I are completely turned off from Kraft Mac and cheese-- thinking the exta $ I spend for name brand will now go towards store brand items. I'm done with Kraft! *Disturbing*!!!'

• Jj
      16th of Jan, 2015

I dumped 2 boxes of noodles in boiling water, as I'm stirring them I start seeing something black floating in the water and more keep coming to surface. Bug after bug kept floating to the top. I was so completely disgusted I googled to see if I'm the only one that has this happen. I was shocked to see how many have come across this. When I went to throw it all away my son reminded me that he had cooked a box this summer that had it also. I'm so disappointed and disgusted with Kraft, a product I trust(ed) and bought over store brand whenever I could. Now I can't even stomach the thought of macaroni and cheese anymore. Wish I would have taken pictures to prove it but was so disgusted couldn't wait to throw it all away. Boxes today and from summer weren't to expire for months yet.

• Ev
      2nd of Feb, 2015

Poured a box of kraft into boiling water and dead, dried up maggots floated to the top, along with a peculiar smelling dust...

• Br
      12th of Feb, 2015

I just poured a box of mac and cheese into the water and 3 dead maggots floated to the top. How are they still selling this to people with bugs in it. My box does not expire for a couple months

• Si
      21st of Dec, 2015

Class Action Law Suit anyone? I just found little specs of something! Technology is to advanced for this crap to be happening this is 2015 no 1815!

• Si
      21st of Dec, 2015

Class Action Law Suit anybody? same thing happened to me. This is 2015 not 1815. Technology is far too advanced for this to happen. Unacceptable!

27th of Mar, 2016

All I can say is "you're messing withy childhood memories" Kraft. These noodles all of the sudden have gone to crap! The fact this many people are commenting proves it. Listen to your loyal customers that have been buying your products for years... And get the boardroom discussions going now and fix it, or lose an entire generation of KD lovers!

19th of Jul, 2016

I made a family size box of kraft mac n cheese. Didnt find anything wrong until after i ate a big bowl and found two black bugs INSIDE a noodle. Inside of the dough, i dug them out. I am so disgusted I could puke. Will i get sick from this?

• Ca
      23rd of Oct, 2016

Same thing happened to me last night. I boiled the water and went to dump the macaroni in and there were maggots in it!! My Grandsons ages 2 & 5 were very disappointed that they couldn't have Kraft mac n' cheese. The sell by date wasn't until the end of the month~!!!

• 1v
      23rd of Oct, 2016

Why dont you just make your own mac n cheese you scrub

• St
      2nd of Nov, 2016

I just poured a box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese into a pot of boiling water and the box was filled with maggots. Fist time this has happened and I am beyond disgusted. Not one or two. Close to a hundred.

• Co
      5th of Feb, 2017

I live in Costa Rica and they have a Costco wannabe called Price Smart. I just opened a box of the Kraft Mac and Cheese original flavor and had maggots in the box. I threw that out and opened another box and it appeared clear of maggots. Regardless, Kraft just lost my trust too. I don't know if I'm going to risk eating any more of their Mac and Cheese.