Kraft / it's a shame that big companies have such little regard for the people who are responsible for making them a success

United States Review updated:

At Christmas last year I purchased a box of Triscuit Thin Crisps for our local supermarket. That evening we had a large group of friends and family over for dinner and I used the crackers I had purchased to compliment a cheese platter I had put together. During the gathering a guest noticed a questionable mass baked inside one of these crackers that looked like a large bug. As you can imagine I was incredibly humiliated as a lot of effort went into making this function a success. Jokes were made throughout the evening and many lost their appetites as they too were eating the cheese platter. I contacted the Kraft Company and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency that week and have been in contact with the inspection agency on and off to date. I am awaiting investigation information. My concern was initially for the safety of the consumer.

After contacting Kraft Foods in Canada and in the US, and receiving little concern about this matter on their end my concern grew. Kraft is one of the largest companies in North America and I was very surprise to discover that they didn’t seem to care about this situation. First I received a checque for the amount of replacement cost for the crackers which I considered an insult as the product ruined an $800 evening and attached to the checque was a letter blaming the grocery store where I purchased this product. It is very evident that the bug entered the product at the factory as it is baked right into the cracker. This insulted me further. Grocery stores are responsible for their success as a company and to try to pass the blame off on them when they knew this was their responsibility was appalling.

Since that time I have not purchased one product from Kraft as I don’t feel safe about their products. Several of our friends and family have expressed the same opinions as well, especially the group that was in attendance at our holiday get together. Everyone seems to continue to mention this incident every time we get together and it still remains embarrassing for me and my family. I feel if the situation was handled differently perhaps my current opinion of the product would be different.

It’s a shame that big companies have such little regard for the people who are responsible for making them a success. A consumer has little or no power over large businesses. Perhaps if Kraft is aware that not every consumer will just accept bad customer service than they will change their policies in the future.

Comments

• Kr
      Jun 29, 2008
    Kraft - Poor quality
    www.kraft.com

We Bought a box of Post Trail mix crunch that lists almonds and Pecans as main ingredients. Nice picture on the from of the box, but the cereal inside is disappointing. The nuts are nearly non existent. This is borderline false advertising. Tried to contact the company through their website, but they make that a difficult process.

Too bad Kraft is no longer a brand indicative of quality. Will no longer purchase this item.

• Sw
      Jul 14, 2008

Today I bought a box of Post Trail Mix Crunch (Cranberry Vanilla) and the product in the box was definitely not Trail Mix Crunch. It appeared more like GrapeNuts cereal. There was not a single cranberry or almond in the box. I have bought this cereal before and it is loaded with cranberries and almonds. I could immediately tell this was not my usual cereal. I called the number on the box and they are sending me a coupon for another box. They were very helpful and are going to check into a possible machine malfunction that left out the cranberries and almonds.

Sep 01, 2008
    Kraft - dressings

What are you doing to your dressings they are gross. We will not be buying Kraft dressings anymore.
    Madelin

• Su
      Sep 20, 2008
    Kraft - CHEESE
    KRAFT
    Alabama

CHEESE BEFORE DUE DATE IS ALREADY TURNED GREEN. HAS HAPPENED MORE THAN ONCE. THAT INCLUDES PEPPER JACK, AMERICAN CHEESE. WITH THE COST OF CHEESE NOW IT SHOULD LAST BEFORE EXP. DATE UNTIL NOV., AND I AM SENDING THIS IN SEPT. 19.

• Yo
      Jan 17, 2009

I agree! Their Ranch salad dressing is really really bad! We throw away the rest of the bottle and bought Paul Newman which is now much better than Kraft. Kraft is making way to many cuts on their stuff and making folks unhappy with not only dressings but also their Nabisco cookie and crackers division. Thanks for your honest comments

•   May 02, 2009
    Kraft - New Barbq sauce
    Florida

I would like to tell you guys how much I like the Spicy Honey barbq sauce, the old kind. The new kind is not good at all, is there any way that you can change it back to the way it was?

Sincerely,

Sandra

• Mo
      May 25, 2009
    Kraft - BBQ sauce
    backyard bbq
    Abingdon
    Virginia

Kraft hickory smoke BBQ sauce is now disgusting.Was the best on the shelf, now advertises new improved flavor, yet has a new hickory- car exhaust flavor.beyond nasty.Avoid if you cherish those fine steaks.

• Mo
      May 25, 2009

They have changed something I do agree.The company is going down the drain with the last sauce I purchased.too bad.

• Al
      Jul 21, 2009

Please change the hickory smoke sauce back too. It is not"improved", just the opposite.

• Fr
      Dec 24, 2009
    Kraft - Terrible situation
    kraftfoodscompany.com

We are a hot dog vendor. Sell about 750 day with three carts. Can no longer get the good beef franks. Help!! My customers are actually accusing me of switching to the tough strong tasting franks deliberately. We were buying fron Sams clubs I now do not have a quality brand to use!

• Iz
      Jan 05, 2010
    Kraft - Waste of money
    Kraft

I just wasted my money buying this new buttermilk ranch dressing. Not only on the dressing but on the salad mix, vegetables, croutons and bacon bits. I made a salad for my husband and I and our three kids and had to throw everyone of them away. The new flavor is disgusting, it taste like mayonaise. The old ranch was the best there was on the market, why would you even change it?

• Bi
      Jan 08, 2010
    Kraft - Terrible company
    Kraft

OMG...what did you do to the OLD CATALINA? Where did the new recipe come from?...definately, NOT from a Catalina lover. I will NEVER buy the new one again; and I will tell everyone I know about this awful taste - it ruined my entire batch of taco salad and we had to go out for dinner. You should NOT take the old Catalina off the market, if you do tell me where to buy the old one.

• He
      Jan 21, 2010
    Kraft - Simply terrible
    Kraft

I think I may have single handedly supported the catalina sales here in las vegas. And I agree! What have you done? I have been searching and searching for something that tastes even remotely close to my beloved catalina, and I am stumped. I cant find anything. Please, for the love of veggies and salads alike, please give our dressing back. The new one tastes nothing like it did- the new recipie just tastes horrible. Please! Im not sure If its just too vinigary - or truly, what happened, but if you give me the old recipie back, I will stock up on it, to make sure you can never take it away from me again!!

• Ej
      Apr 21, 2010
    Kraft - Stay away from them
    kraft-foods.ru

I have been buying your canadian bacon for a while now and have been very happy until recently.I am doing weight whatchers and the bacon is a nice points fit. The last time I purchased it the pkg was full of fat. After cutting out the grizzly parts in the center I was left with a sliver of bacon. Very disappointing, I have had other pkgs that are great. Are your inspectors slipping or do you not check?

• Oj
      May 10, 2010
    Kraft - The bacon is so thin I can read a newspaper through it
    kraft-foods.ru

I cannot believe that my Oscar Mayer has disappointed me. After so much dedication through my life to them. I bought my normal Hearty THICK CUT bacon, barcode...44700 01990 ex date Jan 29. My husband thought he was at The Waffle House. The bacon is so thin I can read a newspaper through it.

• Is
      Jul 01, 2010
    Kraft - I am hugely disappointed that your Ranch Dressing is bad
    kraftfoodservice.com

I am HUGELY Dissapointed that your Ranch Dressing is bad! It tastes so skunky and flat! Ughhhhh! I can't stand that dressing!

• Vi
      Mar 30, 2012
    Kraft - Velveeta chesse won't melt
    Kraft

I too have purchased 2 boxes of Velveeta that won't melt and the flavor seems to nonexistent. I wish Kraft would address the many complaints I'm seeing on the internet with an explanation. If not, then the only use for it would be as a door stop.

• Aj
      Mar 30, 2012

How long have you cooked it for? And have you tried stirring it or adding some milk?