KOOLTEL,LTD / unauthorized charges to my phone bill

Phone: 888 898 0850

recieved unauthorized charges to my AT&T phone bill for two months of service at 22.95 per month. When I called the company I got an operator who spoke such broken english you could hardley understand her. I was told that I signed up for this service via the internet on 12/9 and that the next day they left a voice mail on my phone to confirm this. Never received a voice mail of this nature... I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that she was unavailable and on another call. I said I would wait, I insisted that I did not sign up for this service and that I was filing complaints of fraud and illegal practices. The operator told me she would remove my phone number from the data base when I asked for the charges removed she said she would have to get permission from the supervisor (is this the same one who was unavailable?) after waiting a few seconds she got back on the line and told me they would be dropped and gave me a cancellation #. Also that I would get an e-mail verifiying this conversation. No e-mail has arrived...and I doubt this is over.

El

Comments

• Ln
      11th of Apr, 2009

I completly agree with the caller above. We just recieved the same email and confimation call in regards to this as well. I called the operator and she stated my wife set this up. We dont sign up for anything online. we requested the charges not be charged and the lady on the other line stated that she would remove us and no charges would be applied. Seems like a scam to us!!