Kohl's / refund policy

1 York, PA, United States Review updated:

I had bought a few items for my son at Christmas. The item size where marked wrong. I did not have the receipt and I took them back. Only to find out that I was not given a store credit but a refund. Yes a refund of $5.00 from $36.00. The store manager told me I was refund the clearance price that was in the computer. Well I did not buy them on sale or clearancre and if that was what was in the computer then where is the item in the store that I could exchange them for the right size. After all they had made them from on the tag. I will not shop there again And plan on sending there credit card back to the in pieces. I also plan on posting this on every site I can and email the corporate office.

Comments

• Ko
      10th of Jan, 2008

I'm not really sure why you expected Kohls to refund the full retail price when you did not have the reciept. Almost any retail store you shop at has this same policy, if you return an item without the reciept you can exchange it or get a refund of the lowest sale price. If this wasnt the policy people could buy products for the explicit purpose of scamming the store out of money.

• Am
      8th of Feb, 2008

This should teach you a valuable lesson. Keep your recipts. The only person here you should be mad at is yourself!

27th of Feb, 2008

KEEP YOUR RECEIPT and you will AVOID this.

24th of Mar, 2008

I recieved a $10.00 rebate check from KOHLs for a toaster oven I purchased. At the time i bought the oven, I asked if the rebate was for merchandise only, or if it was cash. Customer Service told me it would be a check for cash. When I recieved the check, i took it to KHOLs to apply it to my bill. I was told they could not accept their, I had to take it to the bank, cash it and then bring the cash back to apply it to my bill. I scares me to think KHOLs won't accept their own check, make me go through all kinds of nonsense to cash it. NO MORE REBATE CHECKS FROM KHOL' FOR ME

• Am
      12th of Apr, 2008

If you bought it with your kohl's charge they should have scanned your card and looked it up. If you did not use your Kohl's charge and did not have a receipt their is no way for them to verify how much you paid for it.

3rd of May, 2008

In response to Margaret:
    The rebates are processed by a 3rd party company that deals with the manufacurer of the product, not the companies that sell them. The check is not From Kohl's.

• Ka
      31st of Jan, 2009

If you buy something ESPECIALLY on Christmas please keep your receipts!!! Do not expect ANY store to cut you some slack because you loose your receipt which is the EVIDENCE of your purchase.

19th of Jan, 2010

anything without a receipt you always get the lowest price. anyhow with out a receipt, how do they know what price u paid. keep your receipt.your the one in the wrong. i guess u wanted them to kiss your ### so you can get your way. wrong!!!

19th of Jan, 2010

any rebate check is always cashed at a bank. kohls is not a bank. idiot!!!