Kohls / paid cash refunded cash and gift card

1 Roseville, CA, United States Review updated:

Is this refund transaction within Kohls' Policies for refunds and good Cutomer Service:

Shopped at Kohls and find items totalling Price w/ tax: $ 72.00
Used a $10.00 Kolhs Discount Card. $ 72.00 - $10.00 = $62.00 Balance Owed
Paid in CASH = $62.00
Returned items within 5 days WITH Receipt
Customer Service Representative Gave $52.00 and a Kohls Gift card for $10.00.
I explained that in paid $62.00 in CASH (After the Kohls Discount Card was deducted from the $ 72.00 balance) and would like $62.00 in CASH refunded.
HOHLS CSR stated that I did not understand; since I used a Kohls Gift Card I must get a Kohls Gift Card for the same amount.
After debating this point, the KOHLS CSR repeatedly said that this is what her computer showed and "the computer does not lie."
After speaking with 2 CSRs I tried to find some Christmas gifts within Kohls to use the card.
I did not find anything within the Kohls store that I wanted to purchase and now wish to take my business and money elsewhere. Unfortunately, my buying power is now limited to $52.00 because KOHLS has retained $10.00 of my CASH money.

Comments

• Ai
      13th of Dec, 2010

Did you make your purchase at a time when we were giving out 'Kohl's cash'?

It was also a ten dollar coupon, and you earned one for every fifty dollars you spent. That might be what she'he was talking about.

• Su
      13th of Dec, 2010

I don't understand why you only get $52 cash back and $10 gift card. Every time when you do the return, even you used the gift card, they still should return you the $10 gift card. They should return you $62 cash which is you paid, plus a $10 gift card you used. You should get both back. I can always get it back.

• Su
      13th of Dec, 2010

Aidan mentioned about the Kohl's cash, if you used $10 Kohl's cash, you can also get it back as a merchandise card, they should return you $62 cash +$10 merchandise card back, if you still have your original reciept, i think you could try to call their customer service or talk to the store manager. I agree with you, kohl's has the nasty service.

• 24
      3rd of Jan, 2011

KOHLS HORRIBLE AT GIVING YOU YOUR MONEY BACK THEY GOT THIERS WHY CANT I GET MINE!
    I CHARGED $112.76 THIS WAY I COULD GET THE DISCOUNTS BY USING MY CHARGE THEN I WROTE A CHECK FOR THE SAME AMOUNT AND PAID THE CHANGE OFF RIGHT THEN AND THERE. AFTER CHRISTMAS I WENT TO RETURN THE SHAVER I BOUGHT FOR MY DAD HE DID NOT WANT ANYTHING AT KOHLS SO I WANTED MY MONEY BACK SO HE COULD GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO SHOP... THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ME MY CASH BACK WHEN I RETURNED THE ITEM AT THE STORE, THEY WANTED TO CREDIT MY CREDIT CARD, I SHOWED THEM THE RECEIPT WHERE THE CREDIT CARD AMOUNT HAD ALREADY BE PAID, THEN THEY WANTED TO GIVE ME A STORE CREDIT WHICH I EXPLAINED I DID NOT WANT TO BUY ANTHING AT THIS STORE. SO THEY SAID I COULD GET A CORPORATE REFUND WHICH TAKES AT LEAST 7 TO 10 DAYS SO THEY SAY... THIS IS JUST BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE IV WORKED IN RETAIL FOR THE LAST 24 YRS ... THEY GOT ALL THIER MONEY NOW THEY NEED TO GIVE ME MINE BACK WHEN I RETURN THE ITEM CASH BACK IT THE WAY TO GO. I WILL NEVER BUY A GIFT FOR SOMEONE THERE AGAIN CAUSE ALL THEY ARE DOING IS MAKING YOU SHOP AT THEIR STORE, WE HAVE A RIGHT TO SPEND MONEY WHEN WE RETURN SOMETHING WITH RECIEPT WHERE WE WANT AND GET OUR CASH BACK AS FAST AS I PAID THEM THEIR MONEY... I GUESS I WILL BE KEEPING WALMART IN BUSINESS SINCE THEY GIVE YOU CASH BACK!!!

• Ai
      10th of Jan, 2011

Um, see...Kohl's didn't do anything wrong there. They wanted to give you the money back the same way you paid for it. If you had paid cash, they would have given you cash. But you didn't. You used their card. So they wanted to credit your card. That's not their fault. That's yours.