Kohls / employee at jewelry dept.

1 9404 Hwy 16Onalaska, WI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 608-783-3800

I recently went to Kohls and I wanted to see something at the Jewelry dept. The employees who work in the small cubicle didn't acknoweledge my presence. I asked if I could look at a bracelet or a necklace anything but she ignore me totally. I waited for 10 mins. and never asked me if I wanted help. Now there was a white customer that came there and finally the lady employee helped her. I was really offended by her actions, was she racist or was she being rude to me because I was asian! I just walked out of Kohls and never came back

Comments

• Je
      21st of Mar, 2009

I work there and they do that to me. ( i'm of african american background) Lets just say Kohls isn't that diverse and i don't blame you i hate working there.

2nd of Apr, 2009

Hello to you i'm James The Jeweler in Atlanta, Ga and i also have my own jewelry educational jewelry discussions here under "JEWELRY & WATCHES" i read your complaint here and i must say NO I DON'T FEEL THIS SALESPERSON WAS A RACIST NOR BEING RACIST TOWARDS YOU.

What you should've done was ask for a store manager and voiced your displeasure of not being acknowledged in a timely manner, or you should've walked out and visited another jewelry store who would've loved to have you in their store.

If you have any jewelry questions feel free to contact me here.

• Dj
      5th of Sep, 2010

I live in Menomonee Falls, WI, the home of Kohls. And I totally agree with you. Kohls is not a company interested in having so-called minority business. Their business model is talored towards 30-60 year old white women. That's why they prefer to hire their customer base. All through-out Wisconsin, each Kohls store is made of of 99.99% 30-60 year old white women. Trust me, you might see a Hispanic or Asian or African American female (might), but you will never see a Hispanic male and never ever, I repeat "NEVER EVER" see an African American male... No Way... No How!!!

I find it funny that a few years back, Kohls carried more P-Miller (African American Rapper) Brand clothing than inner-city hip hop stores. I think that's what Kohls calls "Diversifiying" their stores?

If you're a so-called minority, I think it would be best if you spent your hard earned money somewhere will you will be respected and accepted. My mother always taught me "you are what you eat and you are where you shop!" Don't give Kohls your money, it's just not worth it!

• Cl
      5th of Sep, 2010

Maybe she was having a bad day, or maybe she don't like Asians. Don't like the service somewhere, you have one choice... Move on.

• Ed
      15th of Oct, 2010

First, All of you should grow up and move on with your life-less lives, if your going into a department store, you should all know that Kohls is just like any other retail store, first ... there are better deals and sales than Macys, jcpennys, target, wallmart, kmart, mervens, etc... Many of these places, have the same issues, you walk into a store, guess what go to a [censored] Kiosk and PRESS FOR HELP/ASSISTANCE someone will come to help you. If you make the associate aware that you need help and that you would like to take a look at something, SPEAK UP! GOD gave you a voice, so use it. Dont come online to make excuses, you had this coming to you, so make a choice the next time you walk into a department store. I do agree, If you have a problem with an employee, dont be affraid to stand up and ask the employee that she /he was too busy and not paying attention to customers as yourself, but you aslo need to make some type of eye/voice contact and signal the employee that your ready to see something or have questions, dont just stand there... this makes you look like your still looking...browsing... Its funny... how all hate to be asked if you need any help, but when you want it on your terms your unhappy ...