Kohls / Accused of Stealing

1 Louisville, KY, United States Review updated:

I didn't realize that this website existed, but glad that it does. Gives the consumer a whole new perspective on things anyway my complaint is about being accused of stealing at a Kohls. I had purchased back before Christmas 2008 a snow suit and couple packages of socks. This was a lot of money to spend for me and it cost over 50.00. I told the cashier that I did not want a bag because the snowsuit was on a hanger and there were only a couple of packs of socks. Then after the customer trying to pitch one of their reusable shopping bags to me I was able to check out. I proceeded to walk out the door of the store, when one of the managers held the door open for me. I thanked her and she said "did you buy that" and I said "yes I just purchased it" and she said "you didn't want a bag" and I told her "no, I didn't need one" and she just snarled at me and walked away. She was so completely rude and so I returned to the customer service area that night, only to find she was the only manager working. I told the customer service lady what happened, and she proceeded to make excuses for the woman and how she was only human. However, in my mind I have always heard that you should apologize and I worked at Walmart and if I accused someone of stealing (which I would of been fired) then I would apologize immediately not snarl and act like a real witch. Just beware!

Comments

• Li
      2nd of Mar, 2009

would you think twice about someone walking out the door with the merchandise not in a bag?
    i think thats everyones first thought.

• Ba
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I'm with you on Kohl's bad manners!! I was vacationing in California a few years ago, and happened to be carrying my camera with me. My wife, being genetically encoded to shop, saw a Kohl's and dragged me in. I was in the store less than a minute when a sour faced employee with a foul disposition told me that I "better not be taking pictures", and that I had to "put my camera away". What a pretentious *****! To this day I refuse to set foot in ANY Kohl's store!

• Tr
      4th of Mar, 2009

I've heard that : only human" garbage before. Whatever happened t professionalism? The job is no place to be "only human". It drive away customers and the ones who hear about them, like me. It makesthe workday longer an less productive, and it's no way to get promoted or to get a raise, though I wonder if management really cares. I miss all the old ma & pop shops. customer service is what kept them in business, along with good products, but it doesn't matter what you sell if you snarl and act rudely to your customers. I make a point of boycotting any business that treats me that way if I possibly can. Over the years, if enough people do that, they lose a lot of money in the long run.

• Je
      21st of Mar, 2009

I'm sorry you experiance that. its not at all Kohls. We can't accuse at all or we're fired on the spot. I'm surprise the manager didn't speak to the cashier. We get spoken to when we don't give bags out. We're forced to give the customer a bag and Shoe box we have to stand there and look stupid and give them the box anyway or we're in trouble but your never directly accused unless its on tape so i'm sorry its not all Kohls.

• Wi
      11th of May, 2009

Are you ladies aware that Kohls video tapes EVERYONE in the dressing rooms... It is against the law but they still do it. They use the excuse it is to catch shoplifters... So I guess you can break the law to catch someone breaking the law... The shoplifters will not complain when they show the tapes in court... they are in no position too. I on the other hand do not wantsomeone seeing me or my little girls naked... I will not shop in their stores!!!

• Me
      12th of May, 2009
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

They do not tape everyone in dressing rooms.. I've been in the video room before.

• Jt
      21st of May, 2009

willow- stop lying about the video cameras. kohls does not have video cameras in the dressing rooms. if they did and they used this pretend footage (which is illegal) in court it would never fly BECAUSE ITS ILLEGAL! sure, it makes sence to use illegal evidence IN COURT. get real. way to poke a hole in your own convoluted logic.

• Do
      21st of May, 2009

they wouldnt use the tapes in court. itd be just a tool used to root out potential shoplifters.

after you leave the store, thats when they catch you red handed with the merchandise. they dont need the tape to prove anything at that point.

• De
      27th of Oct, 2009
    Kohls - Rudeness
    Kohls
    Lakewood
    California

Me and my wife were looking for a right size of jeans in the Mens section of this store on 10/27/09 at 7.00pm and where taken aback coz of an employee cursing us on our backs just coz he had to put the clothes back to there proper place.I felt humiliated by this incidence and i am going to lodge complain against this employee to the head office.

14th of Dec, 2009

I understand why and its part of the job but is it that hard to put things back

• Ev
      9th of Mar, 2010

if only you could see the four z rails in the back for just mens department. please know kohls is two stories.

• El
      25th of Mar, 2010

How would you feel if someone came into your office right after you finished organizing files, then tossed them all on the ground? It's just like that, man. You should have just asked them to check the stock room for your size. They know better than you, they work there.

• Ge
      5th of Aug, 2010

you didnt have a bag, and was concerned maybe you didnt purchase it. i thought it was a legit question.

• Tr
      20th of Sep, 2013

They use video cameras because I got caught stealing at 17 liken idiot. I actually was jumped by a man and dragged to security and forced to watch my video of me changing and stealing in the camera room . So do not [censored]ing say its not true. Kohls employees are sick [censored]s!

• Li
      28th of May, 2015

Khols does have cameras that can see in the dressing room. Google Khol's cameras in dressing rooms. It is disgusting. I wont shop here again.