Koganmobile phone htc u11

I bought a new mobile phone HTC U11 off kogan.com and it arrived unsealed, appears to have been opened or tampered with previously scratchy box and inside was extremely dusty. The dust was all around the phone and accessories as well as inside. I contacted kogan regarding this and was appalled as this appears to be not a new item. Also the item is of not Australian stock as it came with a HTC charger that does not fit the AU socket. They sent me a white adapter to go with the otherwise black HTC phone, charger and cables and all.

I wrote in to let them know this is not acceptable, and that it is not too much to ask that upon arrival a new phone should be sealed, unopened, and clean of dust .( I have worked for Telstra for more than 10 years to know this is NOT acceptable) and also a charger to actually work in Australia instead of one provided that is mismatch in terms of brand and color. Upon further testing as I bought the phone for its great camera reviews, the phone did not Auto Focus while I had another HTC U11 phone to compare with at the same time. So overall, either the phone is Refurbished, Second Hand or Lower Grade phone. And not quality assurance approved.

Kogan tried apologised by saying they have "Forgotten" to seal the phone with their quality assurance seal. Well that is their fault and as I am dissatisfied with way the phone arrived, I demand a full refund. But they refuse to help me and kept handballing me from consultant to consultant. Giving excuses when they made a mistake and shipped out a product that is not brand new and quality approved.

I believe with all my heart that this is a scam and a rip off and extremely bad customer service. I demand a full refund and any company should not be selling crap to customers charging premium price.

I have lodged a complaint with consumer affairs today. I already told the consultant numerous times, pls just resolve and give me my money back as this is extremely bad service, and stressful for the customer. But they keep passing my dispute to another staff to only start at the same way the last person replied! All I wanted is a new phone and not spending my time chasing after a company for taking my money, and sending out questionable goods. (and yes i gave them all the stuff they requested, photos, receipts, order no.)

Na