Kogan / kogan 50" 4k led, smart tv™ (android tv™ smart tv)

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Review updated:

The TV was delivered on May 11 for my 99 year old mother for Mother's Day. She just suffered a small stroke so I was extremely keen to improve her viewing pleasure. The screen was severely cracked.
A week later it was picked up and returned to Kogan. Now, on May 22, I received an automated response that it will be up to another 14 days to wait for the assessment.

Meanwhile, my mother isn't getting any younger! every day counts, and I really hoped the larger TV would enable her to view and hear the TV with more ease.
The original response from Kogan was an apology that the TV was damaged and that the matter would be resolved asap.
I would have thought that in all good faith with the customer, the TV should've been replaced immediately, and certainly when the damaged one was picked up.

• Updated by Levenson, May 21, 2018

Here is copy of an email to me of May 15, stating in the second last sentence that a replacement TV would be delivered. I've had no more news on this, and am now being asked for more information re the original damaged TV.

Adrienne Levenson

Clark (Kogan.com Help Desk)
    15 May, 13:17 AEST

Hi Adrienne,

Thanks for confirming those details.

Your return ID is RA1250602.

We will now arrange for a courier to collect the item from you on the date you provided.

Our Allied booking agent will email you shortly with further instructions and the consignment label.

Before the courier arrives, please pack the unit, making sure to include all accessories and the original packaging.
    If you do not have the original packaging, Kogan.com accepts no liability for any damage that may occur in transit.

You should also have received an email from '[protected]@kogan.com.au' titled 'Important Return Information' with a barcode attached.
    Please read this email carefully and attach the barcode to your package.

We have now arranged for a replacement unit to be sent out. You will be notified via email once this has been dispatched, this will contain some tracking information.

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kindest regards,

Clark
    Customer Care Team

Le
May 21, 2018

Comments

• Ge
      Jun 05, 2018

Lol ive been emailing Kogan concerning fsulty 55” Smart Tv return and nobody replies to me. Kogan does not take customer service seriously. They play customer around and even Paul who called me from Melbourne Warehouse told me he would personally serve and reply to me till my matter was resolved only emailed a reply once and now is ignoring all my emails as well. Does anybody know how i can contact head office?? I want to report the whole customer service team

Jun 05, 2018

Kogan support supervisor in Melbourne warehouse calltme personally to discuss my problem. Then told me in writing and verbally he would see to me personally until my return claim was desolved as i had complained about poor customer service. I have spent thousands of dollars in a matter of two years with Kogan yet i am treated as a second class citizen. I was promised as soon as Allied Express picked up my fauly TV that Kogan would Despatch a brand new TV 55” Smat Kogan TV and i was lied to. Nobody has replied or sent me my replacement TV and my family has been without a TV for over a month now. Kogan is pathetic they need a court order placed against them. They ignore customer complaints. The site where we report problems is set up to waste the customers time and leads us in circles like an abyss. I am waiting for finalisation of my issue. I will be contacting VCAT sson to report Kigan

Jun 05, 2018

I have more problems i have bought 2 Google smartcast telkys and am not happy with them and requested to return them and yet. This is poor customer service on Kogans part. After my issues are solved i will not be buying from Kogan again. I vow to run Kogans name into the ground ad tell everybody on Facebook and sny site i am a member of i will make sure i have told most of the world about Kogans slac, poor, and hopeless customer service