Kodak / Repairs, refunds, replacements

1 New Zealand Review updated:

I bought a kodak camera in New Zealand. It broke. I returned it to the business I bought it from, they sent it to Kodak repairs in New South Wales, Australia. When I phoned to check 1 week later what was going on I was told it needed a new LCD screen but there were none in stock and they didn't know when the parts would arrive. I phoned 1 week later same story. I requested a replacement or refund, Was told they don't give refunds and had none in stock to replace. By the way I am now dealing with people in Manilla! I phoned 1 week later and was told the same thing. No idea when the parts would be in, no replacement or refund. I have no camera and no idea when I might get it back. It has now been 31/2 weeks which may not seem long but that is not the kind of service we are used to.

Comments

• Ba
      27th of Mar, 2009

I agree, my camera died after 6 months of using it, it was great wee camera then just died, never dropped it or anything. The first problem was, how the hell all that dust and pollen got inside my camera lcd screen.
    I took it back to Walmart as I purchased it in the states when at work there, they just said we dont know how that could happen?
    I came home and it worked perfectly well for a month then died.
    I cant do anything about it, I just lost out on £70.

Badger

• Pr
      8th of May, 2009

i hav buyed a digital camera of kodak and it wasnt working since i hav bought it but when i send it to its servise station wasting one day and giving it to them for 1 months and when it return the problem was same

• La
      7th of Jun, 2009

I Bought a Kodak Digital Camera through Sify.com Website Order Number: s-000694216-m
    Order Date: 2009-02-19 09:29:42...The Camera has a big defect it Video Recording button does not work. and also drains off a lot of battery Consumption.. I have no choice but to ask for a replacemt for this Camera.. or a Full refund...

• Al
      18th of Jan, 2010

i just want to know that if the camera is with them for repairs for mare than a month or so then we loose our warrenty period also, so do we get any kind of warrenty extension on it
    i am also having the same problem my camera is dead and i have given for repairs about 2 months ago
    fed up of kodak and will never suggest any one to buy kodak even if its free

21st of Aug, 2010

I purchased a Kodak EasyShare ZD710 two years ago and the problems started as soon as we got on the ship. It seemed as if the camera had its own mind. One day it worked perfectly the next day I had to fiddle with the controls. I admit it was brand new but I studied the manual and kept it with me constantly. I thought the problems had to do with being on the water but when we returned I still had problems. First The dam thing eats batteries, next it is persnicity about which batteries it will take.I went away for away with my ZD710 and a 20 pack of Kodak batteries.. would rou believe that they would not work . Of all the makes, the only ones that were Energisers or rechargeables period. Plus I hate it when A company with an American name uses their name to hide Chinese made products.

• Lo
      22nd of Aug, 2010
    Kodak - Rip off
    Kodak

Kodak ESP-3 may be cheap in ink costs but you pay for what you DON'T use! It takes approx 5-6 color cartridges ($17.99--price increase twice in less than a year) to every 1 black cartridge ($9.99--no price increase). This seems pointless but if you're NOT using any color - why is it being depleted? I called CSR but only India works the call center. NO U.S. located call center. I reached a receptionist in Rochester, NY where the HQS is and was refused to be allowed to speak to any engineer or supervisor.

Bottom line - they are FORCING you to purchase colored ink even if you only print in black!

• Ju
      23rd of Jan, 2011

V1073 DO NOT BUY AT ALL.

• Ju
      23rd of Jan, 2011

DO NOT BUY V1073

• Gi
      4th of Mar, 2011

Kodak are scamsters! I was given the run around and sent a recondition product when I hardly used it a brand new camera. I thought that the name inferred quality due to all of their previous advertisement campaigns, however this is a mere deception. Their customer service is really poor and they infuriate by sending emails out standard jargonic spiel. When I asked if there were anything they could give for my inconvenience I was told I should be happy that it was being replaced. This attitude after I am inconvenienced by their technical policies of printing of UPS slips and waiting for a block booking delivery collection. They really know how to make a consumer special?!? :-S

• Go
      11th of May, 2011

I bought a Kodak zi6 HD Flip Cam and after 45 min. of use it stop working. got it as a gift but during my move I lost the box and all the paper work. Kodak said they can do nothing about it. I will never ever but any Kodak brand again and tell all my Friends to do the same.

• Bo
      9th of Nov, 2011

Kodak 3250 printer won't print in black with new black cartridge and an empty color cartridge. Typical printer scam. No Kodak update or fix - just ripping people off!

2nd of Apr, 2012

with then a few weeks of buying my camera it started to mess up going off all the time and then say lens error and shut off is there anything i can do to get a new one or call the company and complain?

2nd of Apr, 2012

since iv bought this Kodak camera iv had nothing but trouble with it besides i thought that maybe it was just the one that was messed up so i bought another one and it's doing the same things i love the camera and the pictures com out beautiful.

2nd of Apr, 2012

Contact Kodak donna, there is a limited warranty, read it. You might also try googling your issue. Kodak also has a website, you might get help there.

22nd of Oct, 2012

I have a printer and the head has a fault after 1 ink change. Now does not work. I tried to call them and was kept on hold for 20 minutes @ £1.53 per minute. Its a joke thats not funny. I will never buy ANYTHING from Kodak ever again. HEWLETT PACKARD RULES!!!

27th of May, 2013

Yet again another complaint of kodak esp3 printers. I have wasted 4x the amount of money on having to buy a black and white and colour cartridges for my printer in 3 weeks. Using my printerfor the first couple of months was perfect I loved my new printer which my partner brought for my birthday, Ashe also brought me my new canon eos as I am a new beginner of photography. I got to print out such amazing bright beautiful pictures, inwhich I printed over 180 pictures on my first few months of using it. Then it was time to change my ink, I changed it, it worked the first time using it, but to my surprise I went to use it a couple of days later, and it started showing steaky lines, an the colour was faded . So I cleaned up printer head, and done a full clean up and test prints. It started working again for only a little while. Until I got the same faded steaky pics. I then was told I needed new ink which I'd only got to print 25+ pics on that 2nd batch of inks. Even changed the printer head. Worked for only the time I had it running, nest time of putting it on its got worse and again telling me I have low ink. Inwhich on my 3rd batch of inks I used my ink on printing out my fantastically designed party invites, a couple of pictures of my new born baby boy, and a few scan copy's for work . Which was hardly nothing at all in ink. I am getting sick and tired of wasting money on this poor quality printer. Even though the advert shows all te pictures you can print, on the stupid advert of the kids making up a football crowed, ( what a bloody waste of paper and ink that was. They used up. ) they say its cheap and great quality. But instead 'us lot of loyal, paying customers, we do t get that great quality . We get absolute [censored] . So really . Kodak should be known as fraudsters. They show fake advertisement because they don't tell us that we have to replace the pro tee heads. In normal printers, there ink has the printer heads already built in. But kodak, we have to buy our printer head seperately .
    So really itl be better just to get a normal printer. So if anyone's wanting an upgrade I there printers... Don't buy a kodak ESP series or any kodak infact!!

• To
      23rd of Jul, 2013
    Kodak - Low Ink
    Kodak

I bought the most expensive printer, Kodak, because it claimed to be able to save me money on ink. However everytime I'm halfway through an ink cartridge, or I have black ink but not color, I get a message stating there's a printer communication error and then another that says I'm low on ink. The only option it gives me is to cancle printing. The printer won't even print unless I have full black and color cartridges. I spend $20-30 on each cartridge and don't even get to use half of the ink! I recently replaced my half empty ink with new full ones but the messges still keep coming up and I can't get anything to print. I hope other people don't make the same mistake as me and they get their printer from cannon or HP even. It's a sad day for Kodak when they have become the poorest quality printer on the market!

Fast fixit -

21st of Jul, 2016
    Kodak - lens error and shuts off brand new
    kodak easy share
    1456 Baldwin Gulf Rd
    Clarkrange
    Tennessee
    Phone: 9318634543

i have gotting two Kodak camera because i thought the first one was broke but both of them do the same thing lens error and shuts off for no reason.

• Ta
    Kodak - Printer 6150
    Kodak

I replaced my HP all in one printer with a Kodak 6150 all in one printer and hate it. The claim that you use less ink is a joke. I never used this much ink in my life. I used about 8 ink cartridges per year with my HP. I have used 12 Kodak cartridges in less than 6 months. It will cost me three times as much in ink!!! If one of the cartridges run out you cannot simply print in another color or even send a fax, the machine is totally inoperable. HP allows you change colors so you can continue working and the fax continues to work. The print quality is also poor. It actually soaks the paper when printing pictures so the paper is warped and looks like it was wet. It is a terrible machine and this was a replacement since my original purchase constantly jammed the paper. My advice is spend the money on HP!