KOA / RUDE

1 Granger, IN, United States Review updated:

I recently stayed at the KOA in Granger and do not recommend it to anyone. It was my son's birthday and I took him and three kids there on May 24, 2008. I was hasseled by the owners for three days over little things. We brushed the dog outside and they screamed about that. A boy picked a leaf off a tree and the owner Patricia got in his face and screamed, "Are you nuts!!!" The first day we were there the same boy picked up a golf ball in the store that was for sell and Patricia screamed, "See with your eyes!" She then snatched it out of his hand. Thomas the other owner, screamed at us for jumping in the pool. I understand there are rules but these people have no social skills at all and should not be dealing with the public. Thomas hung over me and yelled and yelled and yelled to embarrass me. I could go on and on but the truth is it was my son's birthday and she and Thomas ruined it. We went home early because we were afraid to move. The boy that Patricia yelled in the face of several times asked to go home before us. As I was leaving she sarcastically said, Did you collect all of your kids?" I will never go back. I need to know who to write the full complaint to. dkstone@iusb.edu

Comments

18th of Feb, 2009

I know how you feel about KOA . I had problems with the Headquarters... I paid for a membership . They have no record of my membership. Even after showing when & where I paid for it. I recommend not staying at any of their kampgrounds.. I have membership in Camp Club USA and have never had a problem.

• Ed
      15th of Sep, 2010

My husband and I have stayed in many KOS's and have always enjoyed our stay. Until we stayed in the KOA in Cherokee, North Carolina in the Blue Ridge Mts. We saw the video on the net and thought it looked amazing. I do not know where the pictures were taken that they show you on the net. but let me just say it was the BIGGEST let down of our vacation. It was the dirtiest and the the staff was almost never seen. The pools were GREEN, one staff member said that he has been after the manager to do something about it for along time. He said "I would not let a duck swim in it". We had plans to stay for 4 nights but checked out 2 days early. We were refunded our monies but it sure was a let down and we had to make other plans for the rest of our stay. They had caution tape on the cabin next to us where the embankment had fallen and it was unsafe. They had very young KIDS taking care of the cleaning and other jobs around the camp. They seemed to like riding a round in the golf carts more than doing what they were there for and that was to work. I would not go back or tell any one to go there. IT WAS GROSS !!!

• Re
      1st of Sep, 2015

I made a reservation and cancelled it within 20 minutes. They lied and said they didn't receive my call about the cancellation and when I called back because I hadn't gotten a confirmation of cancellation, they said a voicemail message was adequate cancellation...furthermore they hadn't received the message anyway. She was rude and hateful and I have NEVER had that kind of experience with a KOA before. It was AWFUL!