Knight Transportation / Terrible experience

1 1234 Carlisle Pike , Carlisle, PA, United States Review updated:

I worked for knight for 2 years. In august they kept me out for 6 weeks. Right before labor day I got back to my terminal in Carlisle, PA. That was the wednesday before labor day. When asked what day I would be ready to go back out I said Tuesday after labor day. They said I could only take four days off since that was company policy.

I said but you all did not get back home when i asked to be. I was out for 6 weeks and should be off for 6 days. Thats when i was informed to clean out my truck if I wanted to be off that long. Although they had no freight to haul until tuesday, I asked for a load sunday or monday to comply with company policy hometime, they still had me clean out my truck. I had to call for someone to pick me up I lived 162 miles away.

Brian Lewis the terminal manager and my dispatcher Victor refused to work with me. Reason they had more people coming out of orientation that day than trucks. I was the second person they did that to that day alone.

Va

Comments

• Ze
      7th of Jul, 2009

Is this the same Knight Transportation with their main terminal out of Phoenix, Arizona? I am planning on applying for them, but I am not sure now. Morris, if this is the same company, please let me know. Thank you.

• St
      19th of Aug, 2010

I agreed with all of complaint that were put out by drivers. I was an owner operator with Knight in Tukwila, WA
    Aarron and other terminal managers in that office are all for themself. FOR ALL DRIVERS...DO NOT APPLY WITH KNIGHT. IT IS THE SAME AS SWIFT AND CR ENGLAND...