Kmart Stores / christmas decorations price scam

1 Chicago, IL, United States

I was looking at a 8' Snowman with swirling light inflatable, and around 1pm today it was priced at $35.42. I then received a text from shop your way stating that starting at 4pm they will be offer $25 Cashback when you spend $25, so I thought great at 4pm I'll order it and will only be paying $10 more then I'll get back. I added it to my cart at 4pm EST time since that is my time zone, but it didn't show I'd be getting the $25 Cashback. I re-read the text and saw they said 4pm CST, which okay that is just an hour behind us, so I checked back at 5pm EST, and this time they were offering the $25 Cashback, but raised the price to $59.99, which is $24.57 more then it was the previous hour. At that point it would have been better to have ordered it at 4pm EST. At least then I wouldn't have to wait 2 weeks to get the $25 Cashback. This seems like they never really intended for you to save $25, but trick you into paying more now and probably even raise prices even more later to where even when you go to redeem the $25, you won't be able to buy as much cause they will probably go ahead and raise prices by $25 again. Worst thing is if you currently visit the product page for the 8' Snowman it still showsays the price is $35.42 and you will get the $25, but when you go to the cart after adding it the cart will show its $59.99

Kmart Stores