Kmart Sears / bad service
Champion battery obtained from KMart on 1-5-05. 84 month warranty with
free replacement within 36 months. Died a few weeks ago. Took to Wind Gap, PA KMart on 1-2-08 with my receipt. Workers wanted to give me $32.00. Said their warranty is different from the manufacturers. Contact Champion, maybe they can help.
I need a free battery according to the warranty right on the side of the battery. Was told they can only do what the computer says. I said I could care less about their computer, I want my battery replaced. They said Sears threw out all the old books, changed the computer, so they can no longer look it up and help me like they could in the past.
They will not give me a replacement battery because of the price difference for a comparable item. Of course Die Hard batteries were 30 percent overpriced for a comparable item to begin with, that is why I got it from KMart in the first place. So of course there is a price difference.
They say they do not carry Champion. I said the different brands are mostly all made in Lyons Station near Reading, the only difference is in the individual companies' profits.
Champion has not yet called back. They do not give their hours at 1-800-START IT. 1-866-KMart 4U is a long wait when you call. I did not have the patience for that, being already steamed.
Champion Part No. 65-84, 850 CC Amps. Bar Code [protected]).
MFD JUN 04 SHIPPED RDG DEC. 04
I have creditors hounding me. I do not need $32.00, I need a battery to go to work. Sears will not make good on the warranty. KMart will not make good on the warranty.
Shopping at KMart or Sears is not for Gary. I used to pay the extra money for the shorter lines and the great customer service on returns. This service, in my experience, is no longer there.
Wal-Mart gets all my business now, they do not even ask for the receipt on dead auto batteries they sold. No more Sears. No more KMart.
More Kmart Sears Complaints & Reviews
- Kmartfeedback.com - $2500 gift card survey! 
- Kmart / Sears Holdings - pension 
- Olan Mills Kmart - horrible pictures/customer service 
- Kmart In Augusta, Ga 1647 Gordon Hwy, Augusta, Ga - Is Closing Down Next!! - loss of due to constant compliants of racism & unethical business practices 
- Kmart / Champion Battery - dead kmart sears champion car battery
- Kmart - returned jacqueline smith patio set and no refund
- Kmart Stores - pet hammock
- Kmart Stores - I am complaining 
- Kmart Stores - receipt
- Kmart Stores - assistant manager